Overkill Camber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overkill Camber

I noticed that some of the DC5R owner out there has got -5 camber.
    My question is, is it really necessary to have that much for track use?

I used to run -3 and 3degree toe out at the front, even that make the guy at justjap surprise as according to them their racing R32 skyline running about (almost the same spec, I can't remember exactly how much).

So what's ur opinion?

Depends on car setup, tyre choice, suspension type etc...

Easier to drop it off to experienced suspension retailers so they can set it up for you; eastcost suspension, heasmans steering etc...

At the end of the day its all about getting the best out of your tyres, changes should be made with regard to this and only this.
    'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

Originally posted by Danga View Post
      Depends on car setup, tyre choice, suspension type etc...

Easier to drop it off to experienced suspension retailers so they can set it up for you; eastcost suspension, heasmans steering etc...

At the end of the day its all about getting the best out of your tyres, changes should be made with regard to this and only this.
      I agree. Your camber should be tailored to your tyres and suspension. I have nearly 5 degrees of negative camber on the front of my car, and I have taken tyre temp readings after coming straight off the track and the inside of the tyre is a number of degrees warmer than the outside. This suggests that I have too much camber for my 205 width RE55s.

I could reduce my camber to around 3.5 degrees if I used two camber bolts per side, but I dont want to do that because I think that the camber setting I am running now will be suitable for the tyres I want to use next, and I am lazy .

Comment

car may tramline with excessive camber :P

Comment

Any idea how much camber thos JDM race DC5Rs got?

Comment

Originally posted by black_dc_5 View Post
            Any idea how much camber thos JDM race DC5Rs got?
            That's all variable as well. Our car will run 8.5" wide wheels. Rules state the top edge of tyre must be inside the wheel arch. That's part of the motivation for running higher than usual camber. Rear camber is notably less. It varies depending on the circuit too. There's no blanket rule for circuit setups. Street setups are less due to more sedate driving conditions. Like has been said before it's about getting the most out of your tyres. An infra red thermometer is good for gauging tyre temps across the width of the tyre. The more consistant tyre temp, the better.
            Last edited by m0nty; 10-05-08, 11:04 AM.

Comment

The title of this thread is an oxymoron.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
                The title of this thread is an oxymoron.

Please explain?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                  I could reduce my camber to around 3.5 degrees if I used two camber bolts per side, but I dont want to do that because I think that the camber setting I am running now will be suitable for the tyres I want to use next, and I am lazy .
                  In other words, you want to run megtic camber so that you can pick up chicks too!
                  Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Originally posted by black_dc_5 View Post
                    Please explain?
                    Meaning there's no such thing as excessive camber. Chicks like it negative.

Comment

Working...
                    X