Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 cylinders

No, it's not Honda's new VCM.

It's in relations to my Golf FSI 2.0. I got a check light and when I checked the manual its apparently something to do with the exhaust system.

I had a mechanic check it out and he said that one of the cylinders isn't working. He said it should be taken back to VW asap.

What does this mean and how can it happen?

Thanks in advance.

i am nub...

seriously, don't post stupid posts like that again Zilli.

kthxbi
    Last edited by hebe; 06-05-08, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
      it means you are on the wrong forum, this will usually happen when you dont have an education past the 4th grade, and cant distinguish ITR from VW
      So I assume all those EVO owners here, and the odd few R32 Golf owners and Silvia owners are in the wrong forum too?

FYI - I would not have joined if I didn't own a Type R. The Golf is my daily.

If you ain't got anything constructive then stop insulting people.

Comment

I'd guess its a fuel or exhaust issue, im sure it's still going up and down just not making nay power.

I wouldn;t drive on it though.
        /Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

it means you are on the wrong forum, this will usually happen when you dont have an education past the 4th grade, and cant distinguish ITR from VW
          bit harsh to slam him for that huh?

theres plenty of members that down own a honda yet alone a ITR? should this forum be only specifically for people with the ITR badge.. i think not..

although i cant help with your VW.. i think it is possible to run on 3 cyl..

i would have thought it would run just really badly..been a 4 stroke motor.. especially under compression =P..

i would think that most cars would feel quite jerky and possibly stall

maybee best to enquire about this problem.

if it were me i would check is my spark leads are producing a spark. if it produces a spark in the Cyl thats deamed not working. then theres something not right because sparks been delivered but not combusting?
          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
          Originally posted by tinkerbell
          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Let me telling u guys,this is not the first time he to put such nasty reply, just no 1 care about him. Zilli, mind what u reply in this forum, don't destory our peaceful atmosphere here.

Ok back to the topic, I think your mechanic talking about 1 plug doesn't light-up, or injector shutted..etc, but it is very easy to tell if 1 cylinder gone, u will feel the car shaking quite serious due to unbalance running. If can't see above problem, it could be something else, best bet still bring back VW. They worked out just few sec once they plug in the handset to your car.

Good Luck

Comment

Thanks to all you helpful people. Reminds me of the reason why I initially joined - a friendly and helpful community with common interests.

The car does shake quite violently. Definitely taking it back to VW, might get myself the new Accord as a daily.

Comment

Originally posted by R5567 View Post
                Thanks to all you helpful people. Reminds me of the reason why I initially joined - a friendly and helpful community with common interests.

The car does shake quite violently. Definitely taking it back to VW, might get myself the new Accord as a daily.

i have a feeling the VW all 4 cyl have individual Ignition coil things umm each sparkplug has their own coil.. and they can go.. if a coil goes prettymuch u get no spark for that cyl alone .

so i supose if you dare check if your car is making spark. if one doesnt spark after a few turnsovers then it atleast narrows it down to something electrical.

but my bet is on the coils =P.. eventhough this diagnosis holds no ground its just a guess =P
                Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                Originally posted by tinkerbell
                if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Working...
                X