Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC2R milage problems etc!! (i.e ASK tinks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, but the above method only takes 10 sec, not 10 mins...

i would recommend a ECU reset to everybody...

the only negative is resetting all your car stereo presets and stuff
    ... retired/

Comment

and your clock too :P

btw, my car gets at least 420km.. last week i hit 46xkm.. that's with close to no vtec...
      Last edited by MKDC2; 27-05-08, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        wow - great milage for DC2...

i got 690km from 45l on the Hume to Melbourne with a B20VTEC, but that was in (my) full economy mode (steady load/speed)...

who/how were the cam gears set? if at all?
        Not sure, the guys at hannys did it. It was getting pretty decent numbers before those were dropped in. I am not sure what the previous owner did. But going by other results here I am lucky. Or I dont have as a heavy a foot as i think i do.

Comment

Originally posted by fezp View Post
          how's your shifting?? what precise rpms do you decide to shift??
          alot of highway k's?? pls tell cause i get half that. actually im on 360kms now almost to the red E bit.. but not quite there yet. and it's a tuesday so i have to fill up cheaply. also my fuel meter was half gone when i had my thermo replaced, so maybe when i refill that's when a accurate result will arise.
          lets all hope.

mobil better? atm i running BP ultimate mainly.
          I do peak hour runs but not on the freeways, so not a huge amount of start stop traffic. I do mainly 60-90 zones. and on weekends at least one trip to the city. the way i see it I try to get up to 5th gear as fast a possible coz if i am cruising at 5th gear that means the engine is working less. I use the gears to get it up to speed. I dont if you have been driving your car for that long, but theres a a certain throttle input where you if you press it down anymore the amount of throttle you squeeze out of the engine is less and less.. Seems really abstract I know but its the only way I can explain my economy driving technique...lol

Comment

Working...
          X