Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC2R milage problems etc!! (i.e ASK tinks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah ~ 50L, and I have filled 50 before.
    "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

What!! i was sure its 45 man. i always watch how much i put in n from what i've noticed its no bigger than 45
      DCIIR

Comment

no wait your right, did some research
        "Fuel Capacity 13.2 gal."

which is about 49.96 liters, sorry about that mate, spot on tho.
        DCIIR

Comment

I filled 46 point something Litres once

Comment

50 litres? Crap!!

I’d sweat when the indicator light came on and feel lucky when I put 40.5 litres in the tank (assuming the petrol pumps are calibrated right).

Does that mean I’ve got 10 litres (8 kg) still sitting in my tank when the low tank light comes on. I’m thinking of all the wasted laps on track days, etc that I’ve wasted when I pulled in thinking that I’d run dry.
            Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

Originally posted by TAFKA TMB View Post
              50 litres? Crap!!

I’d sweat when the indicator light came on and feel lucky when I put 40.5 litres in the tank (assuming the petrol pumps are calibrated right).

Does that mean I’ve got 10 litres (8 kg) still sitting in my tank when the low tank light comes on. I’m thinking of all the wasted laps on track days, etc that I’ve wasted when I pulled in thinking that I’d run dry.
              True story. Brochures from Honda suggest that the capacity is 50L too. I don't pull in until I get my motor cutting out coming onto the main straight at Winton. It is a disconcerting feeling when you go full throttle and there is no power there .

Comment

well i just found out the cause of my poor milage issue.
                my temp bar goes from warm to cold even when im driving.
                any ideas on how i can replace the thermostat myself?? (FULL BEGINNER) so think you're talkin to the dumbest person in the world when you try and tell me how to do it. =P and no i cbf paying to get it done. if it's easy enough to do then i'd rather do it myself.

Comment

So does mine...

If your cruising at say 80 and not pushing, the wind will cool the car.

Hence lowering the temp guage.

Comment

mine goes down just after pushing or sometimes while pushing.
                    Last edited by fezp; 15-05-08, 08:07 PM.

Comment

If im gunning it on the highway at high speeds, it still stays cold because the cold wind is keeping the engine cool.

Comment

yeah ive found the same thing lately, my temp gauge is running really cool even when been driving for ages, if not giving the car heaps the cold air keepsthings really cool. but that wouldnt affect the mileage would it?

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by justinfox
                        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

well my logic of it is the colder the engine the more gas you gotta give it to get to higher revs ect.. more gas = poor milage.. plus i get black soot on my rear bar(like completely covers my rear bar.. and today i noticed under my spoiler there's black dots like as if it was liquidy then turned to soot). so you can tell im burning fuel. well i hope i am dont like the sound of my car blowing out black smoke for no reason...

of course please tell me if im wrong cause im getting my thermostat fixed on saturday which is gona be like another 100bucks. so yeh..
                          Last edited by fezp; 15-05-08, 08:22 PM.

Comment

When my engine is cold, from not being driven, I dont rev it high anyway, only when its upto its normal operating temperature, usually after 2 or 3 kms of driving, but when its warm/but running cool from cold outside temperatures I dont think this makes a difference on fuel enconmy, my last tank in my DC2R I got 370kms and I didnt see the fuel light once, and it does work, lol....

Quote:
                            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

do you get soot on your rear bar?
                              i get heapsss
                              even when not thrashing, i normaly don't rev above 4k and i still get that black crap.

Comment

Get a bit and as you mentioned on the wing and stuff, but thats normal for DC2R..

I don't baby my car either..

Quote:

Comment

Working...
                                X