Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC2R milage problems etc!! (i.e ASK tinks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danga View Post
    I'd probably fix your car and then go to one of those performance driving day courses that tinkerbell organised. Or even just hit the track and learn the limits of your car

But hey WTF do I know! i'd get an intake cause I reckon they sound cooler.
    Beefy Intake sound FTW... hehehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU6UbEQUn_k
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by fezp View Post
      35-40L but like i said before, every time i drive i can see the petrol line going down from one bar to the next.. so i get a wee bit paranoid and can't afford to let it risk down to E
      My fill is usually 42-43L.

So, for 35 L and 300km, that is 11.6L / 100km .... a bit on the high side for the description of your driving habits...

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

sounds like a spaceship with vtec at about 7secs on that youtube clip.....

should i get a fuel filter change just for the fun of it?? to see if it makes a difference? cause if my shifting is fine, i dont vtec much.. then i got no other ideas on what it could be.

also my car, when im cruising at 80 if i lay off or step on the accel it jumps.. like you can feel it jerk forward, or back.
        is that normal or once again unique to my car?
        Last edited by fezp; 01-05-08, 05:11 PM.

Comment

should i get a fuel filter change just for the fun of it?? to see if it makes a difference? cause if my shifting is fine, i dont vtec much.. then i got no other ideas on what it could be.

also my car, when im cruising at 80 if i lay off or step on the accel it jumps.. like you can feel it jerk forward, or back.
          I think something is seriously wrong... you should consider trading your car in for my shoebox... it gets about 650km per 43-45L.

Perhaps just take it to Adrian at Toda and let him have a look aye.
          'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

where can i find Toda? address/contact number?

Comment

Thats normal man.

Comment

lol ok. just making sure, cause it's annoying. and my mate who drives manual cars (this is my first manual 8-)) says it's somethng to do with my driving that it jerks like that?

Comment

Yeah pretty much normal - its a raw car remember.

If its overly violent it could be a worn engine mount to bang around?

I had that.
                  "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

well lets hope that it's just my paranoia.. but how much did it cost to replace?
                    im gona get my car thoroughly checked out again at Hannys, i dont know maybe he was too busy to check it properly last time =S

Comment

Engine mounts are expensive, but that does sound like a problem that could occur with worn mounts.

Comment

well lets hope that it's just my paranoia.. but how much did it cost to replace?
                        im gona get my car thoroughly checked out again at Hannys, i dont know maybe he was too busy to check it properly last time =S
                        Robert or Pete can fix your mileage issue, if there is indeed one.
                        'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

i appreciate all the help guys, thanks!!

looks like it's off to hanny's again this sat.
                          anyone wna come? =P you can all show me your 300km+ on one tank, beasts =P

Comment

are you guys using 5th gear in the city, when driving my dc2 around town, i am in 5th by 60/65km/h and I get 450km on a fully built engine.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC2 View Post
                              are you guys using 5th gear in the city, when driving my dc2 around town, i am in 5th by 60/65km/h and I get 450km on a fully built engine.
                              I use 4th in 60 zones, and 5th in 70+ zones... I just find the little bit more acceleration in 4th comes in handy...

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                                I use 4th in 60 zones, and 5th in 70+ zones... I just find the little bit more acceleration in 4th comes in handy...
                                You don't count, you think your trip to work is a tarmac rally stage in your 121!

Your 121 probably returns 350km to a tank
                                'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

Working...
                                X