Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC2R milage problems etc!! (i.e ASK tinks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R milage problems etc!! (i.e ASK tinks)

Hey, i only seem to be getting 300km on average from my tank of petty, recently had it serviced, rarely ever touch the vtec, maybe once or twice a week.
    yet so low on the kms?
    i wanted to know what the average milage ppl were geting from there DC2R's.. mine's done a 70k service recently. only major thing done was had gear oil replaced.

any advise/help would be appreciated.

also im only running a K&N filter and a hi flow cat. nothing more. i drive it every day 20km to and 20km back from work. sometimes more if i go places. but again i rarely vtec. i normally shift when it hits 3k rpm
    first gear shift is about 2-3k at the most?
    Last edited by fezp; 01-05-08, 04:29 PM.

300km is rather low... even * I * get better than that.... and that is saying something. hahahah..

I tend to get around 350-400km and that includes some spirited driving ...

What kind of driving do you do? If you're stuck in traffic jams often, maybe 300km is normal.. but if you're generally driving around gently in 60-80km/h zones without too much stop-start driving, 300km would be quite bad.

Did your economy get worse suddenly? Or has it always been around that?
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

i just got the car couple weeks ago.

still new to the whole manual thing but like i said i shift in first when im about 1-2k rpm and the rest of the gears usualy get shifted early 3's sometimes take it to 4-5 but rarely.
      um. most of it is free running 70km/80km no start/stop traffic. though i do have issues with 90% of traffic lights turning red as i approach them. that's a bit annoying.
      I think it's gotten worse since i had it serviced, cause now it only pushes 176 to half way mark. before i could do a 200 or maybe little less than 200.

previous owner didn't keep track of his milage... cause it was his sister's car or some rubbish.

Comment

I get around 350 - 380 daily driving. Alot of stop start driving. When on a highway, i'll get around 400-450.

Originally posted by ChargeR
        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

The fuel gauge is a little bit inaccurate in most cars so I wouldn't take too much notice of it. Your overall economy is more important.

Whats your service history been like recently? Have the spark plugs been changed lately?
          Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Are you sure your using the whole tank? When its on red theres still quite a bit left :P

i average 400 - 450

Injector clean/fuel filter & good fuel helps!
            "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

I get around 300-340kms in mine, but thats giving it heaps alot of the time and in stop start conditions.. Maybe your problem is not revving enough. Labouring the engine can be just as bad you know.

Quote:
              Originally Posted by justinfox
              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

300km! WTF! something is a miss!

I use to get 550km stop start sydney traffic, but freakygeek said he found cob webs in my car due to its virginal state :P
                'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

hahaha

well i shift from first gear at about 2k rpm.. 2nd gear is 3-4 3rd gear is 3-4 and same with fourth.

so... unless im not meant to do that i can't understand what else im doing wrong?

also i normally fill up one bar from complete E

Comment

I find the temptation too great to NOT VTEC when the engines cold.

When it warms up I have to satisfy that urge - even if it is only to 7K.

Every time... (esp now with mugen intake :P)
                    "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by fezp View Post
                      hahaha

well i shift from first gear at about 2k rpm.. 2nd gear is 3-4 3rd gear is 3-4 and same with fourth.

so... unless im not meant to do that i can't understand what else im doing wrong?

also i normally fill up one bar from complete E
                      Sounds like you drive it like me.... Grandma drivers are awesome!

I remember hoons would purposely jump in behind my lane cause a small truck would be next to me thinking i would go quicker than the truck off the line.... WRONG move I am the slowest driver in the world!

Granny shifting and NOT DOUBLE clutching is ftw!
                      'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

i was thinking about getting a cold air intake or a performance exhaust.

what would be the better option to do first? seeing as they're both priced the same, what would i gain more? i dont plan on modding it too much i just want it a little bit louder on the higher revs (that i never get to reach cause im too tight with petrol =P)

Comment

Originally posted by fezp View Post
                          i was thinking about getting a cold air intake or a performance exhaust.

what would be the better option to do first? seeing as they're both priced the same, what would i gain more? i dont plan on modding it too much i just want it a little bit louder on the higher revs (that i never get to reach cause im too tight with petrol =P)
                          I'd probably fix your car and then go to one of those performance driving day courses that tinkerbell organised. Or even just hit the track and learn the limits of your car

But hey WTF do I know! i'd get an intake cause I reckon they sound cooler.
                          'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

So, how many litres is your "fill" ?

If you're filling up 1 bar from empty, you have HEAPS left... hell, I've driven over 80km from when the fuel light first appears...
                            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

35-40L but like i said before, every time i drive i can see the petrol line going down from one bar to the next.. so i get a wee bit paranoid and can't afford to let it risk down to E

Comment

Working...
                              X