Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Suspension Bushings?

Anyone replaced the lot?

I'm going to get my coilovers put in soon, so I figured I might as well refresh all the suspension bushings.

I'm thinking of going with OEM but I'll appreciate any other recommendations or kits available..
    David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
    '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
    '07 GD3 Jazz

OEM or Mugen rubber bushings are what I would use.... especially for the rear trailing arm bushes. The trailing arm bushes are designed to have flex in multiple axis, aftermarket replacements for this bush aren't designed like the OEM one.

How many km on your car? Are you really going to replace *all* the suspension bushings? (there are quite a few!) And if so, will you be paying someone else to do the job? I would imagine it would be a rather expensive proposition....
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
      OEM or Mugen rubber bushings are what I would use.... especially for the rear trailing arm bushes. The trailing arm bushes are designed to have flex in multiple axis, aftermarket replacements for this bush aren't designed like the OEM one.

How many km on your car? Are you really going to replace *all* the suspension bushings? (there are quite a few!) And if so, will you be paying someone else to do the job? I would imagine it would be a rather expensive proposition....

Thanks for the reply. OEM it is.

Car has done nearly 100,000km. I figured it'd be easier for me to get them replaced whilst my car has its suspension bits out. Yeap. I realise I'm probably up for $200-$300 in labour.

Looks like it might be:
      front control arm bushings, front shock bushings, front end links, rear trailing arm bushing set.

I might have someone check them out and just workout which ones need to be done.
      David

'07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Can you tell me how much you get the bushings done for? I'm due for rear trailing arm bushings soon.

Comment

I'd gladly pay someone $200-300 to replace every suspension bush in my car...

Sadly, I think theres more labour in that job than you are estimating...
          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

get some aftermarket ones. I've got a whole bushing set from Noltec suspension. One of the best mods i've done to the car.

complete bushes set me back around $500-$600. Labour of doing this at a mechanic will cost probably around the $400-$600 mark.
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

maybe inspect and replace the damaged ones only?

i replaced a few damaged ones in mine and they had done 170000km, i doubt any are bad after only 100000?
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                maybe inspect and replace the damaged ones only?

i replaced a few damaged ones in mine and they had done 170000km, i doubt any are bad after only 100000?
                I'm with tinkerbell on the 'replace what you need to' and 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it' train.
                Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Will do.

Just thought I'd get it done whilst the suspension bits are out.

Cheers
                  David

'07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

eager to hear your thoughts on this when its done.

im looking to do the same thing when i get some coilovers installed

Comment

Working...
                    X