• Show
Clear All

DC5 wheel offset

quick question about whether the following wheel size would fit DC5:

18 x 7.5 +48

thanks in advance.

Stock is +45

so it will sit in a tad little.

And at that size, it might rub along the inside if you car is lowered substantially.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
      Stock is +45

so it will sit in a tad little.

And at that size, it might rub along the inside if you car is lowered substantially.
      thanks for your reply.

i thought stock is 17 x 7 and not 7.5.

not going to lower the car so that shouldn't be a concern. i just worry if it clears brake calipers...

Comment

Are you talking bout DC5S or DC5R.

AUDM DC5R is 16x7 + 45
        AUDM DC5S is 17x7 + 45
        JDM DC5R is 17x7 + 60

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
        Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

mmm i'm a bit lost.

anyway stock size on all DC5s are 7" wide. without the JDM brembo, would 7.5 wide with +48 offset fit?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
            mmm i'm a bit lost.

anyway stock size on all DC5s are 7" wide. without the JDM brembo, would 7.5 wide with +48 offset fit?

cheers

i think it would fit..

i know someone that ran Stock JDM DC5r rims on a AUDM car.. but later changed to the JDM brembo setup..

other than looking a tad weird and sitting inside the guard it still cleared the calipers..

i remmeber he had to later get 5mm spaces because they were rubbing..
            Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
            some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
            Originally posted by tinkerbell
            if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
            A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
            Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

do you mean JDM DC5 has a wider track? for not looking weird with the +60 offset.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                do you mean JDM DC5 has a wider track? for not looking weird with the +60 offset.
                yeh i think they do..
                Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

the JDM DC5R has an offset of +60 because of the brembo calipers

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                    the JDM DC5R has an offset of +60 because of the brembo calipers
                    umm i somehow dont think that was the main or correct reason.....
                    Last edited by Wlee2; 22-04-08, 03:52 PM.
                    Memorable quotes

Comment

I think a 18x7.5 +48 wheel will fit comfortably although a lower offset will look better. I also agree with Chi that if the car is lowered and has some camber they may rub on the inner guards at front or rear.

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                      umm i somehow dont think that was the main or correct reason.....
                      I concur. They probably used that offset to maintain the same track width as all the other DC5's even though the suspension is different.

Comment

Well for reference, Im running 17x7.5 with 225/45/17 tyres +43.

And my car is lowered a fair bit with very little camber and the tyres run inside on full lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
                          Well for reference, Im running 17x7.5 with 225/45/17 tyres +43.

And my car is lowered a fair bit with very little camber and the tyres run inside on full lock.
                          To add to this I am using stock 16x6.5 +45 wheels with 205/55 R16 tyres and my tyres rub inside at full lock. My car is a little low and has quite a bit of camber though .

What I am getting at is that +48 is a very conservative offset. +35 to +40 would be better.

Comment

how about for the rear?

my fd is looking at buying a set of used 18 x 7.5 rays, however a pair is +43 & the other + 48.

maybe he can fit the 43 at front & 48 at the back??!!

Comment

That is fine.

Rear rarely has probs with camber and that type of offset.

Comment

Working...
                              X