Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilovers & Cornerweighting

G'day guys..

Will be getting my coilovers soon, and am just wondering about the relavence of cornerweighting to my car. I am aware that cornerweighting adjusts the amount of weight to each wheel on the car - but do i really need it?

It is mostly street driven with the odd track day - but yet i would like to be able to adjust my ride height, and apparently this would screw up my cornerweight settings anyway?

Secondly, i have my rear seats out for the track anyway - so maybe it is an option to have my car cornerweighted with the rears out so my settings are still in place when i go.

I know most of you guys DIY, how do you find the coilovers w/out the cornerweighting?

Thanks,

Steve.

i took out everything at the back when i corner weighted my car and i was sitting in the driver seat too... i did this because i wanted to get a good time and not worried about the streets since i dont push my car tat much on the streets... so i guess it wouldnt affect it as much..
    http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Elmo, yes get your car corner weighted

Take out everything as you would at track, and sit in the drivers seat. Don't worry about street driving, just drive normal.

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Where do you guys normally get this done?

My fren's rexy was done by East Coast if I'm not mistaken and it cost 300 ish.

Any recommendation?

Comment

Proconcept will be doing mine (West Ryde).

All of you DIY'ers, how do you find it w/out the corner weighting?

Comment

I wouldnt bother, just get a good wheel alignment and leave it at that.
            'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

Tracked occasionally..

Im thinking about forking the extra moneis out though.. =\

Comment

Fork it out on something else you nub

Comment

Go die.

<3

Comment

save your penny on something else.

Corner weight is not a must, you'll only do it when your planning on running consistent. Use that money on camber arms, tyres and etc......
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Built. Tuned. Driven
                    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

im on the north side fellas, and i find it hard to find a place that can do a wheel alingment without ripping off my front bar, does proconcept have a lot hoist?

Comment

take the front bar off. Simple.
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Built. Tuned. Driven
                        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
                          im on the north side fellas, and i find it hard to find a place that can do a wheel alingment without ripping off my front bar, does proconcept have a lot hoist?
                          Heasmans steering..
                          'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

Proconept have hoists..
                            If your in the north area it would be well worth giving them a try..

A few years back they were only working on Nissans, but now there's a lot of Hondas there..

Elwood, ask Josh about corner weight... He didn't do mine and told me to get it done after track day.. Said to try it out first and then see what sort of differences it will make later.. But I guess it all depends.. I went out to track for first time last month and wanted to change a few things, but he recommended I go out once more and see how I go since I know what the track is like this time round..

Will see you there..
                            Last edited by Red Euro; 22-04-08, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X