66 68 or 70mm Throttle body Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

66 68 or 70mm Throttle body Q's

hey guys atm i been slowly buying parts for my DC2R and now i'm up to throttle body. what size will benefit my engine most and what is the implications of having one too big or small and so on. And also, how good is skunk2 with throttle bodies?
    cheers
    DCIIR

Originally posted by Absolut R View Post
    hey guys atm i been slowly buying parts for my DC2R and now i'm up to throttle body. what size will benefit my engine most and what is the implications of having one too big or small and so on. And also, how good is skunk2 with throttle bodies?
    cheers
    You are asking what will most benefit your engine but you have given no information on your engine. Might help to tell what your setup is and your goals.

Comment

Well atm my car is off the road, so i'm getting all my parts while i wait for my new gearbox to be imported and put in, so i'v had some time to buy desired parts and do it all at once. i've got a skunk2 intake manifold, fujitsubo power getter exhaust, toda extractors and injen CAI. i'm waiting for a lil more cash for a toda cam setup most likely spec b and then i'll be doing computer. The exhaust, intake manifold, and extractors should be done with gearbox, which along with lightwhieght flywheel and hd clutch, is all paid for and just waiting for delivery. but i'd like to add the throttle body to that stage as i have the $ for it, if it will benefit me at this stage. and then move onto the ecu and cam side of things..
      DCIIR

Comment

skunk2 t/b = sticky and shit idle...

with that setup, ill go with 65mm or 68mm. With 65mm you don't need to port match the stock ITR manifold (64.5mm from memory). With the 68mm port matching will be required to gain the most out of it. I would jsut go with 68mm.
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Built. Tuned. Driven
        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

beautiful, thanks for the replies, 68mm it'll be.
          at a reasonable price and reasonable availablity, what brand should i buy??
          DCIIR

Comment

PM fatboyz he sold me an awesome 68mm!

Comment

Does anyone have a dyno chart of before and after a larger throttle?

It must be very different on the B18, I have graphs showing only a 2hp gain on a K20a with a large J's Racing throttle.

Check Amazon.com for good Honda engine building books, they have heaps of yno graphs showing almost every mod you can think of.

Comment

Working...
              X