Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CALL FOR A TURBO DC2R Thread

hey everyone
    i'm one of those FI or NA kinda guys who is on the NA path but is curious on how to start the turbo path n how long before the engine is blown or your completely outta pocket.

I know with a reasonable amount of money you can get into the 140s and 150s going down the Na path but what about the 170's and 180's through forced induction? what are you looking at to gain this?

any info would be greatly appreciated
    cheers
    DCIIR

www.ozhonda.com

Search up for DL001's dc2r-t build.

He goes through from the beginning - and (atm) is running 204 fwkw running standard internals on around 6psi i think?

Interesting read - but the jist of it is... the amount of boost you can run depends on your tuner.

Comment

If anything, to begin with, id suggest that you change your thinking. The power outright is not the same from dyno to dyno. Look at the percentage gain, because when my car was making "just" 120kws on my tuners dyno, it read 164 on another "credible" dyno. Same tune, nothing changed.

Comment

Originally posted by freakie View Post
        If anything, to begin with, id suggest that you change your thinking. The power outright is not the same from dyno to dyno. Look at the percentage gain, because when my car was making "just" 120kws on my tuners dyno, it read 164 on another "credible" dyno. Same tune, nothing changed.
        yeh i know what your saying but i'm not really talking just about dyno results, i'm wondering what it takes to get into that 180kw area. i've read alot about it but a list such as adrian's na stage list is what i'm kinda looking for, whereby he went through the baic turbo systems to the more expensive systems. but also a comprehensive list of what to do for the engine before putting the turbo on.
        DCIIR

Comment

best way to talk about power is to convert back to at the flywheel

if the car makes 141kW@fly standard and it dynos at the wheels standard at 100kw and then gets modded up to 120kW at the wheels then the new power at the flywheel is

120/100 * 141 = 169kW at the fly

that way you can compare apples with apples...

raw at the wheels power figures tell me jack... cos each dyno is different

Comment

how is that the best way, when the dyno figure ur converting back is still not comparable.

ur still comparing apples to oranges, thats just dumb

Comment

lol this thread went in complete different topic. meh
              DCIIR

Comment

depending on the tuner......................it al depends what you want the car for as well......
                find a work shop/tuner that you are happy with....ask them questions and tell them what you want to do and what you want from the car................
                they then should be able to direct you in the right path.................
                to prepare a turbo motor, it dont mean that you have to strip down and rebuild to suit..............like mentioned above dlo01's car, dc2r with turbo bolted to it wit stock internals is running 8.5psi and makes 204kw at the wheels on roller dyno and it has around 20,000kms on the motor.................
                like people say figures are every where depending on the dyno you use..............

again decide what you want the car for, then choose a workshop to do the work to to tune it and tackle it from there................
                i have done that exactly, wasnt sure which path i wanted to take na or boosted for my dc2r...............i wanted a punchy street car with reliabvility and enough grunt to scare some unexpected cars on the track...................
                after working out the bill for na and the power i wanted, it was cheaper and easier to make the same power if not more by bolting a turbo to the side of the block adding injectors pump and ecu....................it is due to be tuned next week and its only a little t28 garrett turbo...................but hey, it will be quicker than and na with the same money spent, and will shock a lot of people on the track.......................

good luck
                my sale thread 21.01.12
                CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Well to get ~150kw atw NA, you're looking at spending close to 10k or more...
                  To get ~150kw atw FI, you're looking at a budget setup of about 5k, striaght bolt on.

Motors dont blow up just cause theres a turbo on it...if you tune it right and drive it right, it will treat you right
                  Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

you are right about not being able to compare dyno readings from different dynos, but in your case something was wrong, its abit extreme

One of the guys proabably gave u a fly-wheel chart/farked-up the temps or a really really skewed dyno.

44kw atw difference is almost unheard of if all the parameters are the same. Even for Disney Watts dyno

ahahah how much does a stock ITR dyno on the dynos u went to? ahahh one must be either 60kw or 140kw atw..

Although Dynos are really used for tuningand maybe comparisions for back to back runs, they nevertheless provide expectations. Its like buying a diamond. The diamond is graded by one as a certain grade, and another guy might grade it completely different. But it is still a point of reference to expectation
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Last edited by BlitZ; 18-04-08, 09:14 AM.

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

how is that the best way, when the dyno figure ur converting back is still not comparable.

ur still comparing apples to oranges, thats just dumb
                      HAHAHA too funny!
                      'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

Blitz, thats the same as some funny funny readings I've read about. 130+ fwkws on cars with just i/h/e + tune (b18cr) yet they do 92mph on the dragstrip.

When I did 94 mph, i "only" made 102kws on this dyno. Something wrong?

Its the principle, do a baseline run on the dyno your going to measure ur final tune. I dont see anything wrong with that?

Sorry about the apples and oranges equalling dumb comment, didnt mean to offend anyone

Comment

boosted ITR should make at least 180kw +
                          Seen afew ITRs making 200kw+

My b16 makes 160kw + and that's only on 10psi.

Comment

Limbo, if your car is making 160kws could you please let me know what your mph is on the qtr mile?

Comment

yeah but i haven't taken it on the track yet....
                              Been busy renovating the house so could be a while.

But i have issues, can't get traction at the moment. Gonna get a LSD and some semi slicks

Comment

Working...
                              X