OH YEAH!! my Zeals!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH YEAH!! my Zeals!!

Well guys after much deliberation on what coilovers i should buy i made the decision to buy some Zeal Super Functions for my DC2R.
    Tech Question - Is there any sort of preperation or run in for coilovers that i should be aware of?

adjust height using the corner weight thingy while doing the installation

Comment

corner weight thingy??

Comment

All 4 wheels on seperate weighers, and balence out the height of each corner, so that the weight is spread evenly and Balenced. Makes a massive difference.

Originally posted by ChargeR
        Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

these are apparently very good coilovers... how much? what spring rates? these are 6X adjustable or 30X?

Comment

FK... that looks BOSS...

i was about to buy zeal... but in a rush to get them... n plus toda au can revalve for me locally...

let us know ur impressions after install

Comment

how much u pick these up for??

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                All 4 wheels on seperate weighers, and balence out the height of each corner, so that the weight is spread evenly and Balenced. Makes a massive difference.
                Ah that makes a bit more sense. Only thing is i dont have any portable weighers for each wheel which may be a problem....

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                these are apparently very good coilovers... how much? what spring rates? these are 6X adjustable or 30X?
                Spring rates are 14kg front 10kg rear and 6 stage damper adjustable.

Originally posted by wuism View Post
                FK... that looks BOSS...

i was about to buy zeal... but in a rush to get them... n plus toda au can revalve for me locally...

let us know ur impressions after install
                Will do hopefully they are as good as many ppl say they are.

Originally posted by se7en View Post
                how much u pick these up for??
                I think price was about $2800 - $3000 delivered I have a local guy that does business for me.

Comment

^Pricey, but i bet they'll be worth it

Look tops!

Comment

Looks the goods but man for that price I would start looking at entry level DMS, Ohlins and etc as they would be in another class above this.
                    Last edited by TeMp; 14-04-08, 01:54 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Just had a look around and found the price $2750.
                      I know Ohlins & DMS are good but i have heard alot of good things about Zeals. Alot of top tuner companies in Japan run Zeals in their cars (Alot of the JUN cars). But then again im sure alot of the Euro Tuning companies run Ohlins etc in their cars.....

What do you guys think, im still happy with my purchase as i think these will suit my car quite well.

And also to get back on topic any other things i need to prep on the suspension before installation? Otherwise we can probably put this in general automotive section.

Comment

You got any camber kit or you'll b using washers ?

The product looks good mate Hope you'll like it!!!

Comment

will be getting a camber kit soon.
                          should be fine to run without first though correct?

Lol just realised topic name was changed....mine was probably a bit innapropriate....sorry mods
                          Last edited by macoman69; 10-04-08, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase . I have ridden on a friend's Zeal's and they are very nice, and the adjustments are very noticeable.

I don't know of anything you should do to 'bed in' the coilovers apart from adjusting the heights so they are approximately correct. Then put them on the car and play around with the heights until you are happy, and then go get an alignment and corner weighed if you are keen.

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
                            will be getting a camber kit soon.
                            should be fine to run without first though correct?

Lol just realised topic name was changed....mine was probably a bit inappropriate....sorry mods
                            "Camber kits" as you kids call them are for weaklings. Take the natural camber that you will gain from lowering as a boon from the car gods, don't try to correct it. If anything you could get adjustable upper arms for the front so you can run more camber at the front than the rear.

EDIT: Take careful note of my signature
                            Last edited by ChargeR; 10-04-08, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I agree........
                              Chicks like it negative!!

Comment

Working...
                              X