ECU rekey immobolizer and HONDATA compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU rekey immobolizer and HONDATA compatability

hey guys, quick 2 questions. did a search remember seening something but couldnt find it again, duno if it was on this forum or another

1, if i want to use someone's all i need 2 do is have that persons ecu and take it with my car to a honda dealer to get it rekeyed right? drive in drive out process. I don't require ANYTHING apart from the ecu from the other seller do I ?

2, was checking wiht ecu compatability with hondata. James from hondata told me your serial number has to be L66Q592 (with a Q) to be able to tune your ecu,it doesn't matter if your part number(which is under your barcode) is PRB-QXXX or not. This correct? reason i ask because other ppl tell me otherwise

ps. im looking for a tunable ecu. anyone got one msg me
    19,000 rpm still going

Assuming u have got a dc5 integra
    1) In theory, you will only need to reprogram the key to match the ecu. However, you may also wish to reprogram the remote to match the new ecu too for convenience

Comment

cheers
      19,000 rpm still going

Comment

Originally posted by endymiony2k View Post
        Assuming u have got a dc5 integra
        1) In theory, you will only need to reprogram the key to match the ecu. However, you may also wish to reprogram the remote to match the new ecu too for convenience
        through Honda dealer?

Comment

yeah got this sorted out. just worried if i needed anythign else from the original car apart from the ecu
          19,000 rpm still going

Comment

EK4R, the ECU is all you need if you just want a spare ECU to be Hondata Kpro and fit it to your DC5

Comment

How much does honda usually charge for reprogramming the key? Does that also mean that i need to do that to the spare key as well?
              '03 Integra DC5 Type R
              Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
              Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
              Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
                How much does honda usually charge for reprogramming the key? Does that also mean that i need to do that to the spare key as well?
                Honda charged me $50 dollars for this. I spoke personally to one of the Honda technician and he did it in less than 10 minutes

My spare key didn't require this reprogramming at all. It just worked.

How they did it was, the technician plugged the Honda HDS diagnostic tool into OBD2 port. VIN number entered. Once the ECU is ready for reprogram, the HDS diagnostic tool read key codes from the immobiliser around the ignition barrel and sends signals to ECU and writes them to the ECU.

I rang up almost all Honda dealers in Victoria and explain it to them but not many wanted to do any aftermarket ECU reprogramming
                - Project R -

Comment

Oh i see, so basically that they reporgram the ecu and not the key itself.

What do i say when i call up honda?

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                  Honda charged me $50 dollars for this. I spoke personally to one of the Honda technician and he did it in less than 10 minutes

My spare key didn't require this reprogramming at all. It just worked.

How they did it was, the technician plugged the Honda HDS diagnostic tool into OBD2 port. VIN number entered. Once the ECU is ready for reprogram, the HDS diagnostic tool read key codes from the immobiliser around the ignition barrel and sends signals to ECU and writes them to the ECU.

I rang up almost all Honda dealers in Victoria and explain it to them but not many wanted to do any aftermarket ECU reprogramming
                  '03 Integra DC5 Type R
                  Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
                  Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
                  Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

Working...
                  X