Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dif bearing for Cusco LSD (DC2R)

Hi guys,

Probs a Noob sounding question for alot of you... but I don't know much at all about how Dif's are put together and installed. In order to install a Cusco RS Dif in a DC2R, I have been told that I need a Dif bearing, and the Cusco kit doesn't come with a dif bearing. Does anyone know where to get one from - would this be an OEM part. If so, how much will this set me back? Can anyone on here get them?

Thanks in advance,

Rix.

Originally posted by ChargeR
    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

if you are talking about the same bearing im thinking... you will need two from memory

Honda can supply you the bearings, if your gearbox is apart perhaps you might want to get your synchros and gaerbox bearings all changed at the same time.
    'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

Do u know how much the 2 dif bearings are around about??

Yeah I was thinking about getting syncros done. Although they do seem perfectly fine, the car has done near 100,000Km's. What you guys reakon?

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

honestly have no idea what the cost is mate, i just bought all the bearings for the gearbox from memory.

but since you are already paying the labour to have the gearbox apart you might as well save yourself the hassle at a later date.
        'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

True....

So if I called up Honda spares and asked them for a dif bearing they would know what I meant?

Comment

Ok so they are callers Carrier bearings - $65 bucks a pop from Honda.

can anyone get them cheaper?

Comment

speak with Toda, i was getting him to do my LSD in my box also. He can point you in the right direction

Comment

Honda wouldn't let me order the parts unless I supplied my VIN number - WTF?!

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
                  Honda wouldn't let me order the parts unless I supplied my VIN number - WTF?!
                  yeap, every dealership will ask for you VIN. it's so that they order the correct part for YOUR car. It covers their ass when whinging customers complain that "the bearing doesn't fit/is wrong"

good luck with the search

Comment

speak to Eastwood Honda, they are not as dumb as the rest...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Got it!

Comment

w00t!

Comment

Working...
                        X