Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To turbo or not?

Hi guys,

Im considering to turbo my car (DC5S) and was wondering if anyone else here has done it before? I really want to know from first hand experiences if it will be a car that you can live with everyday or is it terrible due to a loss of traction. Any experiences/help is appreciated.

I haven't driven a turbo DC5, but I have driven a supercharged one, and personally i would not even bother if you want to still keep it as a daily driving car.
    I wanted to SC my TypeS, but thought the better of it.

1st gear is totally unusable. Even the owner of the car said so himself.

Comment

Yeah I'd believe that.

Similar to getting the Cooper works kit on the Mini Cooper S - Totally unusable. (to a lesser extent)
      "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

I would say SC is a bit more make sense for it, turbo's power comes rapidly and cause unusable 1 st gear.
        right?

Comment

thanks guys, the thing is i have literally done everything already in terms of NA and its time for a change. the only other option is forced induction. and im not interested in SC, im really interested in turbo because if im going to dump alot more money into it then it needs to make a BIG difference in performance.

p.s the dc5s is only a weekend car anyway.
          Last edited by DC5S; 26-03-08, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Describe "everything" done to your K20 already? I'd go the NA route on the K20 first. So much fun and power to be had. Usable every day too.

Comment

trust me EVERYTHING is done. anyway i dont want to go into a debate about what more i can do in regards to NA. I dont mean to be rude but im just looking for turbo dc5 experiences.

Comment

Ive gone down that path, and its definately something that is a bonus if u have it done correctly. The turbo if matched correctly doesnt amount to stupid amounts of wheelspin, and if ur suspension and chassis is well setup, it works well on the track also.

Basically, if done right, its very useable.

Comment

thanks man thats response i was hoping for!

Comment

I think you already knew you wanted to turbo and was just looking for confirmation I have seen a turbo dc5 in Bris, don't know the guy but do see it around so can't be that unusable?

There is a section for "TURBO" on ClubRSX.com which may be worth a read since your seriously considering. http://forums.clubrsx.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

For vids, try Youtube. All the best

Comment

SICK!!! thanks man.

btw, yes i was looking for confirmation!

Comment

Originally posted by freakie View Post
                        Ive gone down that path, and its definately something that is a bonus if u have it done correctly. The turbo if matched correctly doesnt amount to stupid amounts of wheelspin, and if ur suspension and chassis is well setup, it works well on the track also.

Basically, if done right, its very useable.
                        ^^^ Agree to everything there. Willson owns a turbo DC5R here in Brisbane. 220kw @ wheels from thestock motor and like my Turbo DC2R he says it drives like it was stock. My car also gets better fuel consumption than a lot of stock cars on the street. I am not sure who did his install, but he got his car tunned by James form Hondata. I did all the install on my car and was tunned by Dyno Dave.

You need to fine someone that has experience with hondas and has done this sort of thing before. As said, it needs to all be done correctly and have the right setup. As for wheelspin from boost comming in. If you get a decent ecu like Hondata you can have it set up to use a cirtain amount of boost per every gear.

Fun, fun, fun....
                        Deano.

Comment

Torque steer is the shiet! lol
                          I loved my time driving the boosted teg!!
                          Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

I know i got heaps of wheel spin in first and its only a b16. I just need LSD and a better set of tyres and should be fine.

Comment

wheel spin is controlled by your right foot, not LSD or tyres...
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X