DC2 OEM Fog light install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2 OEM Fog light install

Ordered a set of OEM Fog lights from Acura in the states, now there supposed to be plug and play.

Except I cant find the harness to plug it into behind the headlight, haven't looked under the dash yet to see if the plugs for it are there.

Does anyone in Aus have the oem fog light kit ?

Has anyone seen the fog light plug ?

Any help appreciated.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

i didnt know there was an OEM foglight kit for our cars.... would love some photos

Comment

for 94-97 Acura only?

i doubt an AUDM car will have any of the wiring for the USDM Acura specific products...

happy to be proven wrong however...
      ... retired/

Comment

yeah well it shouldn't be too hard to install if there isnt any pre-wiring, I was just hoping there was something there. Oh wells I shall sort it out and post up pics when im done.

/Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

so its the pre facelift model? yeh Kaveh definately put the pics up bro... id be very itnerested to see how they look

Comment

Hmmm, not really a fan of either of the OEM foglight setups I've seen on our cars... but it's all personal taste of course. I personally would never use foglights, I just don't have the need.

Here is a pic which shows the UKDM/ EuDM ITR foglight option... These require some cutting of the bumper and front lip...

| 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Well I'll give it a shot this weekend, and I'll put up some pics of a DIT for anyone else that may want to try it.

Far out I should stop buying crap for my car.

btw EDM ones where different, I ordered the USDM ones, they are slightly easier to fit. Not too much cutting required
              /Oo ___H___ oO\
              |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Yeah, I was just posting up a pic of the UK/Euro ones for people to see the difference...

Put 3000k HID in them ~3600 lumens!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genui...em370030235329

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

geez the ukdm ones look so tacky! might as well put a feed for CAI in that little hole...

Comment

how much did you pick them up for?

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
                      geez the ukdm ones look so tacky! might as well put a feed for CAI in that little hole...
                      People have also used the foglight holes for brake cooling ducts....

Comment

even better idea!

Comment

how did you go with the instructions? i bought a set today but they have no instructions

Comment

yeap i got instructions, but i think ur going to need to buy some extra cable. our cars aren't prewired for these.

I haven't put mine on yet, oh and btw get some clear film on the lenses before u put em on. there notorious for shattering when hit by pebbles
                            /Oo ___H___ oO\
                            |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                              yeap i got instructions, but i think ur going to need to buy some extra cable. our cars aren't prewired for these.

I haven't put mine on yet, oh and btw get some clear film on the lenses before u put em on. there notorious for shattering when hit by pebbles
                              ok thanks for the heads up. Already wired it up with my own wire. You reckon i could sell the cable and switch or they are not worth much?

Comment

Working...
                              X