Quicker DC5 steering rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quicker DC5 steering rack

i am a banned user with a different IP... please carry on discussions without me...
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 16-03-08, 04:58 PM. Reason: banned user

While we're on the topic, does anyone know of a race steering rack? I'd like to put a quicker one in again. 1.0 turns lock to lock would be a rough goal.

Comment

I know of no off-the-shelf quick ratio steering rack for the dc5 however there is such a thing off the shelf from quaife for earlier civics so it might be out there somewhere.

Monty, you could try using a steering quickener since your car is apart and it would be relatively easy to incorporate. Here is a thread on honda tech that I was reading the other day:http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2151746

Comment

Thanks mate. I'll do some reading on it. It'd be simple to fit at the moment. Great timing. Any idea on price and suppliers in Australia?

Comment

you're on the same train of thought as me MONTY, I'm really after a 1 turn lock to lock rack.

Quaife can custom make them, but im sure that they will be over $1000

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC5R View Post
            you're on the same train of thought as me MONTY, I'm really after a 1 turn lock to lock rack.

Quaife can custom make them, but im sure that they will be over $1000
            You have a road car though? I don't think I'd want it on a road car. Way too hard to drive day to day like that. The DC5R already has a sensitive steering feel. Driving in a straight line would require alot of concentration. Hitting a bump could end with you spearing sideways quick smart.

Comment

yes, he has a road car - monty - please do a search for posts by this user...
              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
              X