Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 caliper brake options for a DC2R.

Hi Guys

I’m chasing ideas for a 4 piston per caliper upgrade to my DC2R. I’m starting to bend the backing plates on the brakes so an upgrade from 2 caliper to 4 is justifiable.
    I also want to keep my standard 15 inch wheels (2 road set and 2 track sets), if I have clearance problems that means bigger wheels and new tyres (both for road & track) and you can see how the costs would rapidly escalate, I can’t justify spending those $$$ on a road car. Ideally I’d like to keep the standard rotors, bigger pad area and 4 piston calipers.

1. I had a look at the Bauer, Moveit, Harrop and AP/Brembo upgrades but while it is good gear $6000ish for items (with fitting on top) seems a bit steep and it looks like the rotors only just fit inside the wheels (that is rotors only, not rotors with calipers) so that gets the flick.

2. Spoon – They have 4 caliper upgrades that still use the stock pad sizes. If I’m going to pay for an upgrade I’d prefer to go to bigger pads and get more pad area as well as not bending the plates.

3. NSX – The Honda/Acura NSX came out with 15” wheels and had 4 pistons on the front calipers (the Legend’s 4 pistons are similar but inferior). Apparently these fit but require a modified mounting bracket (take a small notch out?). Has anyone done this and how did it go? Are there different sizes in the NSX’s calipers over the years (as well as the obvious Type R models).

4. Wilwood – 4 caliper upgrade. I’m not that much interested in their rotors at the moment. Does anyone know if they fit the standard rotor sizes and their pad sizes? Do they comply with the ADR’s?

5. Stoptech – 4 caliper upgrade. Do they fit the standard rotor sizes and what are their pad sizes?

6. Anything else – has anyone tried fitting calipers designed for another model (say a Subaru Impreza STi) on to their DC2 Integra?

Looking forward to any replies, and remember that I’m after 4 piston calipers that fit a stock 15” 5-hole Honda wheel (DC2R Integra, CRV alloy, etc).
    Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

you are upgradign the calipers due to deformation?

then the spoon will fit your requirements.

it is a more solid construction with 4 pistons to clamp more evenly and thougherly (ie same pad areas, but much better utilisation of the pad)...

(plus are 2x lighter - equals aiding in handling)
    ... retired/

Comment

Yeah you can run spoon twin block calipers no problem with a 5mm spacer.
      Just makes sure you either get a hubcentric spacer or custom spacer welded onto your hub to make it legal. But if you have a hubcentric spacer that has less than a couple of mm movement then you will be fine as well.

BTW i thought the CRV wheel where 16" last time i checked.

Comment

Abit confusing..

Std ITR has 1 piston per caliper.

you could try twin caliper like a lotus...

I think you should do a ctrl-H with piston and caliper
        Last edited by BlitZ; 12-03-08, 02:36 PM.

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

So are Spoons the ONLY choice if I want to keep the stock wheels? Yes Tinker I want to upgrade because of deformation – uneven clamping pressure over the surface area of the pad.

If I had the chance to increase my pad area as well as have more even pressures across the pads and get it all to fit within the stock wheels I’d grab it with both hands.
          Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

There is an Alcon option available, but clearances are very very very tight with the stock wheels. I'll see if I can find the part number or pics.
            ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
              Just makes sure you either get a hubcentric spacer or custom spacer welded onto your hub to make it legal.
              spacers are illegal in all cases except where they are OEM.

Originally posted by http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi09_rev4.pdf, page 4
              The fitment of wheel spacers (or adaptors for dual wheel conversions) between the wheel mounting face
              and the road wheel is not permitted unless fitted as original equipment by the vehicle manufacturer.
              Last edited by MrThanh; 12-03-08, 08:43 PM.
              T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

AP also has brake kits that fit under 15s..
                pic stolen from: http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtop...34910&start=15

its a competition brake kits, so the caliper is not so bling..
                http://www.apracing.com/info/product...Disc_1768_1735
                or
                http://www.apracing.com/info/product...Disc_1766_1735

Comment

look what just came up in yahoo auction
                  http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w17653917

Comment

Thanks a heap for that KC.

I actually contacted AP racing directly and they said replied back saying that they didn’t have anything other than the big brake kit for my car. If that kit has dust seals (road use) I’m very interested. I'm not interested in bling.

Thanks Jim80y, the Alcon stuff looks good I’ll email PWR about it.

Thanks Lukits01 for the Yahoo/Spoon stuff.
                    Honda DC2R Integra

Comment

so spoons are direct replacement for audm oem and have 4 pistons instead of 2 and are a lot lighter and dont suffer performance degradation due to being lighter?

a good upgrade right?

Comment

Have you given Centrax a call up in QLD in regards to Endless calipers? I don't know anything about Endless calipers for a DC2R so can't comment about the matter.
                        Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by K.C. View Post
                          AP also has brake kits that fit under 15s..
                          pic stolen from: http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtop...34910&start=15

its a competition brake kits, so the caliper is not so bling..
                          http://www.apracing.com/info/product...Disc_1768_1735
                          or
                          http://www.apracing.com/info/product...Disc_1766_1735
                          This is the setup that ProConcepts ek9 is using isnt it

and regards to endless brakes u can run 15's depending on the offset of the rims and u probably need to run extendered studs
                          ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Working...
                          X