Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defi DIN Guage

Hey all,

Just after some commentary from anyone who has used to Defi DIN guage set. Whats the product like, is it easy to view when it is all the way down there?

its smaller then the others....but its still easy to read...the down side is.....you can't record it, no peak hold and no warning set....so u can only check it when you driving....after you finish you won't be able to know what the max temp it was.....unless you remember it...unlike for example BF series....you can record during u r driving and you can check the peak temp from b4.....and also you can set warning so it beap you with it reach what you setup....
    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
    1)ブレーキを踏む
    2)クラッチを切る
    3)シフトダウンしなから、
      アクセルをぶかす
    4)クラッチをつなぐ
    :blah:
    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

and info on how you mount the sensors would be good...

Comment

Im looking for some defi's, and the DIN setup didnt look that great.

To mount water + oil temp guages on the dash what else needs to be purchased? (Aware of the control unit.)

Didn't mean to hijack =P

Comment

the oil temp and oil pressure go in the sandwich plate which go behind where your oil filter is and the water temp sensor go on the adaptor which go in ur upper radiator hose.....
          the Din gauges go in where your single din pocket is and for the BF series and the other models you just put it on the stand which come with the gauge and you can mount it anywhere on the dash......of optionally you can purchase a A-pillar gauge holder which go on ur A-pillar. For the control unit you can just mount it anywhere you like. Or optionally you can purchase the Defi meter hood design for the Integra...I think JDM yard still carry stock as they are not in production anymore.....so you need to try your luck.......I manage to source mine from US at a really good price......I think thats it for now......hope this help bros......
          Eddy
          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
          1)ブレーキを踏む
          2)クラッチを切る
          3)シフトダウンしなから、
            アクセルをぶかす
          4)クラッチをつなぐ
          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

mounting sensors will be a sandwich plate adn you put oil temp and oil pressure on that and a radiator hose adaptor for the water temp sensor

z10 says:
            i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
            z10 says:
            mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

i realise its a compromise but im not interested in attracting anymore attention than it already does...

thanks for the replies fellas

nengun does them for about 520 shipped FYI

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
                i realise its a compromise but im not interested in attracting anymore attention than it already does...
                Exactly the same reason why I got a cover for my gauges to make them low key.

Not sure about everyone else but when I'm on track I don't really have time to look at my gauges and I really reply on my warning sound a lot.

And even after you pit you can see what kind temp your car has reached.

Both these functions I found extremely useful.
                Last edited by TeMp; 14-02-08, 03:09 PM.

Comment

good points mate... something to consider i suppose

Comment

defi vsX nice & simple....and has all the funtion you'll need...just abit expensive cos you have ot pay for individual sensors

z10 says:
                    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                    z10 says:
                    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                      the oil temp and oil pressure go in the sandwich plate which go behind where your oil filter is and the water temp sensor go on the adaptor which go in ur upper radiator hose.....
                      the Din gauges go in where your single din pocket is and for the BF series and the other models you just put it on the stand which come with the gauge and you can mount it anywhere on the dash......of optionally you can purchase a A-pillar gauge holder which go on ur A-pillar. For the control unit you can just mount it anywhere you like. Or optionally you can purchase the Defi meter hood design for the Integra...I think JDM yard still carry stock as they are not in production anymore.....so you need to try your luck.......I manage to source mine from US at a really good price......I think thats it for now......hope this help bros......
                      Eddy
                      contacted JDMyard. they don't have any instock anymore, however u can order it but they all NON genuine hoods.
                      '03 Integra DC5 Type R
                      Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
                      Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
                      Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

i have the defi din setup. installed as someone already mentioned with sandwitch plate for oil esnsors and radiator hose t-piece for water temp.
                        its not a defi link system so u dont need anything else, no control units etc.
                        i purchased mine off a friend (thanks az!) a while ago. useful info, i find i glance down at it on the streights to check temps, i have mine mounted above the stereo.
                        its not ideal, a bit low and harder to see than a-pillar i suspect, but its a compromise for not attracting those nasty canary stickers
                        definitely worth getting oil temp gauge at a minimum if u track your car. allows for preventative driving technique ie doing some cool down laps after oil reaches over 130deg C and stops lubricating as it should..
                        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

i like the concept, i still do... would much rather have this that i can view on straights at a quick glance, because it is predominantly a street car...

Comment

And I have to say it is easier to reach 126 degrees oil temp on the track then ppl think.

I know people usually say 130C but 126 is meant to b the exact C. I set my warning to 120C so that my temp would never reach the 126C pt. It also depends on the oil you are using too.

Comment

mine go to 130 most of the time......I think its time for a oil cooler.....
                              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                              1)ブレーキを踏む
                              2)クラッチを切る
                              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                                アクセルをぶかす
                              4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

Working...
                              X