No announcement yet.

Steering Wheel Part For DC2 / Recaro Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have an alarm, be sure to turn it off before disconnecting the battery

Comment

while doing the removal of the airbag.. make sure you dont have any D&$khead friends nearby that will scream (BANG) in your ear while your removing it.. i swear i almost had a heart attack..
      Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
      some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
      Originally posted by tinkerbell
      if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
      A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
      Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

OMFG!

that would FREAK me out...

i felt like a bomb disposal guy when doing mine LOL!
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          OMFG!

that would FREAK me out...

i felt like a bomb disposal guy when doing mine LOL!
          i need that pic of the bomg disposal guy doing his work and a friend coming up behind him with a brown paper bag ready to pop it...

haha found it

Last edited by Wlee2; 05-02-08, 09:41 AM.
          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
          Originally posted by tinkerbell
          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

well you guys just made me feel better that I'm not the only one who have this problem :P

thought about getting a 2nd set of 'popped' itr steering wheels but it doens't annoy me that much.... yet.

Comment

the reason y it costs so much is cuz ur not just buying a cover....ur buying a steering wheel minus the airbag....

do wat others have said and look for a popped one

Comment

Cheers - I'll look into it.
                "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

So ummm... what about the Recaro seats?

Does anybody know anyone who can fix them up with the same alacantara?

Comment

also they fade over time so matching is a bit off too with the dyed reds

Comment

I just had my driver’s seat redone Unique Auto Interiors in Collingwood, Vic. (he does a lot of custom and high end interiors).

The mesh in the middle he couldn’t get (mine was mostly okay thankfully) but the red suede sides/back he could get and it was a very close match – the hardest bit was getting the Recaro logo right. He ended up cutting that bit of fabric out getting it scanned so that it was a good copy.

My driver’s side bolster was also worn, and that was replaced. Now I take a lot more care getting in and out. One other thing that I had done was getting some extra foam lining in the bottom bolsters and top bolsters, I always used to have about 20mm space at the bottom and about 20-30mm space at the top and it was a pain. If I’m going to put up with the struggle of getting past the bolsters every day I want them to hold me tight when the going gets twisty and with the stock ones I was flopping around a bit too much. With the extra lining I am held tight (not uncomfortable tight) and it feels really great around the sides. They still look stock but hold me better (not as tight as a fixed back track seat with absolutely no room to spare for track use only, but a great compromise).

The foam takes a little bit of time to give – when I jumped in to my seat the first 3 days after the retrim it was so tight I thought I would make a “pop” sound getting out. Now a few weeks later I couldn’t be happier with my seat.
                      Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

Tafka, would you mind telling us howmuch does it cost to do all that ?

My bolsters getting worn as well and thinkin abt getting them re-done. Btw what's the name of the material they ended up using ?

Comment

Hmm yeah I'm also wondering what this costs, and how it stacks up compared to buying replacement parts from capitalseating in the UK
                          /Oo ___H___ oO\
                          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

He gave me a bit of a mate’s rate, but I figure somewhere around the order of $700-$900 should cover it. Remember that was rebolstering, a bit of extra padding and the logo, I didn’t need to do the mesh.

Initially the guy tried to talk me out of it saying that he could do leather for around the same price and the suede/alcacanthra stuff isn’t the best for the sides of seats anyway because they are such high wear areas. Once he figured out that I wanted to match the passenger side and I accepted that it would wear the same as the original we were okay.

He had a sample book of suedes and he matched it to the material at the back of the seat base (less sun exposure).

I was initially looking at fitting a tight fixed back seat but that would’ve meant registering my car as a 2 seater (instead of a 4 seater) or trouble with the cops if/when I got pulled over.

I accept that when it comes time to sell my car it means that I’m cutting out the “salad dodger” end of the potential buyers market.

Incidentally I was talking with one of the women at work (if “big-boned” is a euphemism then she has some very large bones indeed) and mentioned that I didn’t think she could fit in my passenger seat. She harrumped a bit “What sort of ridiculous car have you got?” then attempted to prove that she would fit. After a minute or two she had her bottom half (which was still very large) wedged in the seat with a fair bit of overhang and said “see” – Looked like a 500ml container that someone had tried to pour 1 litre in to.

I’ve no hesitation in recommending Unique Auto Interiors (Peter).
                            9486 6070
                            140 Cromwell St, Collingwood. Vic

I’ve also heard good things about Blackmans Motor Trimmers in Mornington.
                            Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

LOL...

Wow sounds good - so he matched the alacantara pretty well.

Does anybody know anyone in sydney who can do that?

Comment

Not sure if your still interested but I had the same problem with my steering wheel. I fixed it and it took a couple of minutes. I'll post some pictures etc if your interested?

Comment

Working...
                                X