Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Wheel Part For DC2 / Recaro Seats

Hi all;

Have used the search button but cant seem to find any info.

The steering wheel cover (the top part of the steering wheel) has lifted up.

It seems to be due to heat - I bought the car like this.

Had a double check with the mechanic - he says the airbag has not gone off.

It is detatchable - by two screws located behind the steering wheel - however it seems the only way to access those screws properly is to take off the entire steering wheel.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Furthermore - Also the Recaro seats.

Does anybody know anyone who does good reconditioning for them? Cant seem to find anybody that will match the red alacantara?
    Attached Files
    "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

the recaro Bolsters (if thats what your refering to).. its quite common for those to wear out.. unless your extreemely anal.. and you really take care when getting in and out.. but usually it wears out neway =P

the steering wheels look suspect.. but i dont know what happens when the airbag goes off or would it damage the wheel like thaat so cant really comment.. but

the airbag part can be taken out.. its like removing your steering wheel the bolts are on the side i beleve near where your height adjuster for the streering column is
    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

that steering wheel looks pretty bad...
      mine is coming up a little bit too, only because of the weight of my prolock sitting on it... but that picture looks pretty bad, that u can see the yellow padding underneath it...

Comment

Same problem with my recaro's.

I think there was a thread about this a while ago, and to get the reupholstered wasn't nearly worth the money (if i can remember correctly). They will just wear out again anyway

Comment

I got the same problem with teh steering wheel before ... fixed it through warranty and now it happens again -__-

honda did say it's due to heat..

edit: just saw your pic.. mine def. not that bad.. it's just not aligned!
          Last edited by zeth_an; 04-02-08, 11:48 AM. Reason: -

Comment

wow... you have exactly the same problem as my steering ever since i first had the car... not sure why its like tat...
            http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

mines got it too and i garage my car 90% of the time...

Comment

Yeah - it seems like its a common problem.

I'll be dropping it into Honda to get a quote just for that rear piece.

Must be due to heat...

Comment

honda quoted me (if my memory serves me right) $600 just for the rear piece...
                  http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

I had a similiar problem but mine wasn't anything near as bad as yours...but I never fixed mine lol

Comment

$600!?!?

Pooooooooooooo....

Comment

that's what I thoguht too... that's quite alot for just that cover

Comment

im pretty sure you can find yourself a 2ndhand Non Exploded SRS wheel and just install it.. that would replace the back bit.. and well you get a 2nd SRS bag incase the first one deploys =P
                          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                          Originally posted by tinkerbell
                          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

most ITR wheels will have this problem, it is a design fault IMO...

or not sticky enough glue....

just use a heat resistenat glue (like an epoxy eg araldite) to stick it back down...
                            ... retired/

Comment

it is a 5 min process to remove the wheel, BUT you MUST disconnect the battery for 10 mins before doing so.

i can send you the PDF instructions regarding the SRS if you like???
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X