X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM DC2R pedals

Has anyone put on JDM Pedals?
    Need a few tips

best tip i can giving you.. take out your seat it makes alot of difference in comfort level =P

yes you practically have to take off your brake booster.. just so you can get the braket out..

working on the pedals and putting them into the brakets is easier done outside the car..

otherwise i tell you now.. i had the worst 3 hours doing this on my car.. even with friends help we did it to his car too.. we would never ever Do it again!..
    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Pay someone to do it hehe.... I still got my set in the original box coz i cbf for the past year hehe
      CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
        best tip i can giving you.. take out your seat it makes alot of difference in comfort level =P

yes you practically have to take off your brake booster.. just so you can get the braket out..

working on the pedals and putting them into the brakets is easier done outside the car..

otherwise i tell you now.. i had the worst 3 hours doing this on my car.. even with friends help we did it to his car too.. we would never ever Do it again!..
        I can imagine.
        Can you remember how many bolts there were that were mounting the bracket?

I checked the other night (yes, with my seats out) and only saw 6. 2 near the accelerator and brake, and 2 on the clutch side.

I was thinking, the accelerator may be abit easier, as it is held on by the clips.

Though clutch and break I'm abit weary on, dont really want to screw anything up.

Is there anything that might need special attention? EG. anything that are connected to the accelerator, clutch?

Comment

I have tried doing the same thing. I only got the accelerator pedal done as I had no clue how to get the clutch and brake pedals off.

I'm going to give it another try soon too. Maybe we should do a DIY write up. Yonas has done it so maybe he can chime in.
          /Oo ___H___ oO\
          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

umm shesh i know on the clutch side theres one very very very close to the heater core thing.. its quite hard to get too.. but there is one there..

in my head im counting 6 bolts.. but i swear it felt like more..

buy yourself some new Cotterpins (or be ghetto and use paperclips ^_^).. lOL dont ask..

because the cotterpins are quite hard to remove.. and i got fustrated and just chopped it off to get them off.. and just replace it =P

take your time.. and have a friend there.. to calm you down when you finally hit your hand up hard against the firewall because you were trying so hard to get the brake braket out.. i did it twice =P..

the most annoying bit is that you had to spend the extra effort of removing your brake booster, this meens disconecting the hard lines.. which also meens bleading your brakes again..

the other thing i found annoying was the brake light sensor.. disconnecting that was actually quite hard.. lack of space and i was just unable to get a good grip on the clip made it just that much more fustrating..

and yes accelerator is the easiest.. it helps if you jam the throttle Open.. so that the cable is loose so you can disconect it from the inside..

ohh there is one bolt that Goes Upwards!.. 90degrees to the firewall.. thats the brake braket is on.. you might need a small ratchet and alot of extensions for that.

thats all i can think of atm.. but im sure new things just pop up when your doing it..
            Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

I dont want to do it anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Kazaf View Post
                I dont want to do it anymore
                it can be done.... in 3 hours.. its not a long or "difficult" diy..

but out of all the DIy i have done this drove me closest to the edge!..

Shin on this forums would actually be able to help you with maybee a bit more detail.. he helped me on my car. and i sort of helped him i guess on his ^_^... Lol
                Memorable quotes

Comment

Yep, I've done it three times in total, and I don't wanna do it ever again lol

If I remember right, here are the steps. Some of the detail might be wrong as it's been a while, but shouldn't be too far off the mark.
                  1. Remove the driver's seat. Not impossible without doing this, but will reduce the risk of back pain Also, remove the two 10mm nuts that hold the fuse box in place, so the fuse box can be moved out of the way when you try to get the bracket out later.

2. Remove all the bolts and nuts that hold the pedal brackets in place (can't remember the size, but probably 14mm). There's one bracket for the accelerator, and one big one that holds both the clutch and brake pedals. There is one bolt on each bracket on the top side, so make sure you remove them too.

3. Remove the throttle wire from the accelerator pedal. Press the pedal down, so that the top part of the pedal comes forward. Grab the metal thing attached to the tip of the wire securely, and release the pedal, so that the tip of the wire is sticking forward, out of the white plastic that holds the tip in place. With the tip still sticking out, push the white plastic thing to the side until it comes out. It should be obvious how to remove the wire by looking at the bracket, and the shape of your new pedal anyway.

4. Take the accelerator bracket out.

5. Remove the cotter pins that connect the clutch and brake pistons to the pedals. All you need is a pair of pliers and a lot of patience. Best to have spare cotter pins at hand, in case you mangle them while removing. (Bunnings sell them). Once the pins are out, the pistons will be loose and can rotate. Be careful not to rotate them, or remember which way they are facing, as it'll be a pain to put the cotter pins back in later if the piston brackets are facing the wrong way. Also, I vaguely remember disconnecting the brake light connector..

6. Here's the part I hate the most. Remove the brake/clutch pedal bracket. You'll have to do a lot of fidgeting around to get it out. But trust me, it will come out. You might have to push the fuse box aside to make room.

7. With the brackets out, replace the pedals. Should be straight forward. You might want to adjust the pedal height.

8. The installation is the reverse of the steps above. Don't forget to grease the rotating parts of the pedals, and the little springs.
                  Last edited by shin78; 01-02-08, 12:51 PM.

Comment

ontop of what shin has stated.. i remember both times we did on his car and mine we actually did remove the brake booster to help with the pistons been in the way to get the braket out.. do that =P

on a side note.. shin.. Phill mentioned he wanted type Rx pedals too.. i almost fainted.. at the thought...
                    Memorable quotes

Comment

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                      ontop of what shin has stated.. i remember both times we did on his car and mine we actually did remove the brake booster to help with the pistons been in the way to get the braket out.. do that =P

on a side note.. shin.. Phill mentioned he wanted type Rx pedals too.. i almost fainted.. at the thought...
                      Hehe I can help (i.e. supervise) but am not sticking my head under the dash again!!!!! lol

Yeah Wayne is right, tho I don't think we actually had to remove the booster, but we had one person pulling the booster away from the firewall, and one person under the dash trying to get the bracket out.

Comment

if you know someone with small fingers.. and short arms.. this is when you might find them handy with small hard to reach areas =P..

unfortunate for both me and shin we have long arms..

and shin i did it twice on my car remember 1 failed attempt before i had to put it all back in because i was blocking cars.. (was not in a good mood that day)....
                        2nd time you helped and we got it all done =P..

i have to admit though.. when we first got the RX pedals we were so excited.. =P.. it was all worth it though.. because it looks hot ^_^... and feels nice too.. sorry no photos..
                        Memorable quotes

Comment

Here's a photo of a friend's car back in japan.
                          He's also got the S2K foot rest installed.. looks pretty hot.

Comment

Originally posted by shin78 View Post
                            Here's a photo of a friend's car back in japan.
                            He's also got the S2K foot rest installed.. looks pretty hot.

hey shin can we order those in for both of us ^_^... the s2k foot rest that is =P
                            Memorable quotes

Comment

hehe it looks pretty good, doesn't it?

But the thing is, the S2K foot rest is more expensive than all three Type-RX pedals combined, and you need a bracket made to fit it. My friend sells those brackets.

Let's talk about it later

Comment

Working...
                              X