lighten flywheel, spoon vs toda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felix if that's the case, you should listen to me when I say go Toda Bs

If you take a look at pics of the Spoon flywheel and compare to the Toda flywheel, the Toda flywheel has holes drilled closer to the edges.
    ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Jim80y knows his stuff

but as everyone says - either will be fine, both are a great upgrade over stock...

my choice would be made by price (but that is me being a cheapass)
      ... retired/

Comment

thanks for all the replies guys, i was leaning to toda, so i will go for toda.

I let you guys know what ii think about them when i get them.

What difference could you guys feel between lighten and stock? faster rev?

Comment

remember faster revving in gear = faster acceleration

Comment

Yep.. rev goes up faster but goes down quicker as well

Just need to get used to it and you'll b fine

Comment

Best mod ever! Enjoy it man...

Originally posted by ChargeR
              Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Got my DC2R back yesterday, it had a Toda sports disk kit installed which consisted of a sports clutch, strengthened cover and the 4.1kg flywheel, also got a buddyclub short shifter installed at the same time. The car was off the road for three months. The clutch is great but I don't think that the acceleration has picked up that much. Mind you, the oxygen sensor was bumped on installation which may have something to do with it.

Comment

Yeh, light flywheel is the one small mod that you can feel the difference. Even my bum-o-meter could pick it up.
                  Deano.

Comment

Get the single plate clutch and flywheel combo. One of the best combo for a dc2r. But dont think you'll yield xx amount of kw from jsut the clutch and flywheel. For what its worth the stock dc2r flywheel is pretty light and decent. I crack the 13's down the 1.4l mile with a stock flywheel. Save your pennies and spend it on other worthwhile mods
                    BYP Racing & Developments
                    Built. Tuned. Driven
                    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by TanK View Post
                      Hi guys

I am in the market for lighten flywheel to match with my Exedy heavy duty clutch for my dc2r.

I came up to 2 choices and they are toda and spoon.

Just want to know which one would you guys recommended from experience
                      Exedy, Spoon & TODA are all very good products.
                      IMO, the TODA & Exedy flywheels are better than the Spoon item due to the reduced mass on the outer area (Same weight - less inertia.)
                      That said, you won't go wrong using any of these products.

Using a HD clutch is a good choice, bare in mind though that for very little more, you can have a sports organic which will cop quite a bit more abuse.
                      HD PN: HCK-7111 HD
                      SO PN: HCK-7111 SO

(NB: Genuine Exedy clutchs are now powder coated pint to help spot the fakes)

(The HD clutch uses the OEM friction disc with uprated cover, the SO uses the same cover plus a sports organic friction disc capable of copping more abuse with only slightly more aggressive enguagement.)

For a daily driver that sees the track & the drag strip, it's hard to get something that works better for the same money as the SO type clutches.

A single plate clutchs such as Ogura single, Toda Hi Power Single , Exedy Hyper Single, OS single etc are better suited to cuircut use than drags.
                      Though these are very good clutches & can make the car loads of fun to drive with exellent high rpm shift charateristics.
                      There application really is more limited.
                      That is, the thinner, lighter cerematalic material of the disc & the more aggressive enguagement doesn't suit front wheel drive launches too well.
                      That is they don't like being ridden & will fail after a short time with this sort of abuse.
                      Yet last a whole season around the cuircut.
                      Further, single plate race clutches can be tiring for the avaerage driver on the street. More so in heavy traffic.

Hope that helps
                      TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                      TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                      Official Australian Distributors
                      Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

Originally posted by TODA AU View Post
                        Exedy, Spoon & TODA are all very good products.
                        IMO, the TODA & Exedy flywheels are better than the Spoon item due to the reduced mass on the outer area (Same weight - less inertia.)
                        That said, you won't go wrong using any of these products.

Using a HD clutch is a good choice, bare in mind though that for very little more, you can have a sports organic which will cop quite a bit more abuse.
                        HD PN: HCK-7111 HD
                        SO PN: HCK-7111 SO

(NB: Genuine Exedy clutchs are now powder coated pint to help spot the fakes)

(The HD clutch uses the OEM friction disc with uprated cover, the SO uses the same cover plus a sports organic friction disc capable of copping more abuse with only slightly more aggressive enguagement.)

For a daily driver that sees the track & the drag strip, it's hard to get something that works better for the same money as the SO type clutches.

A single plate clutchs such as Ogura single, Toda Hi Power Single , Exedy Hyper Single, OS single etc are better suited to cuircut use than drags.
                        Though these are very good clutches & can make the car loads of fun to drive with exellent high rpm shift charateristics.
                        There application really is more limited.
                        That is, the thinner, lighter cerematalic material of the disc & the more aggressive enguagement doesn't suit front wheel drive launches too well.
                        That is they don't like being ridden & will fail after a short time with this sort of abuse.
                        Yet last a whole season around the cuircut.
                        Further, single plate race clutches can be tiring for the avaerage driver on the street. More so in heavy traffic.

Hope that helps
                        very helpful information, i've already got the exedy Heavy Duty clutch as i got it for my birthday present so i can't really change my clutch, and now looking for a toda flywheel, hopefully i get it next month

Comment

Working...
                        X