No announcement yet.

car blows smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds normal, if ur not burning heaps of oil, and u have an exhaust, even just a cannon on the ass end, it will tend to blow a little black smoke.............usually just running rich, if u have full exhaust with high flow cat, it can be a mixture, of fuel, as well as oil, if you havnt got enough back pressure, then ur blowing out the oil with fuel........
    there is a lot to consider when determining what the car is doing, i went to one workshop on the dyno, and they told me my rings were fried as i was blowing heaps of smoke, so i went to another mechanic on dyno and he showed me that it wasnt running rich at all and that the rings where fine.................
    it was because i am running headers, 2.5 inch mandrel stainless exhaust with high flow cat, and she is burning a little more oil than normal..................
    my sale thread 21.01.12
    CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

yeah i think its normal when u put ur foot down and u hit vtec and a bit of black smoke comes out
      Im pretty sure its just that when u put the accelerator to the floor the computer just sends heaps of fuel in and all that smoke is is the left over of the burnt fuel someone correct me if im wrong.

Plus i always notice with most cars when they floor there accelrator/ ripping there car i always see some smoke come out

Comment

You just answered your own question..

I guess it's better than asking about a factory dent....
        David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
        '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
        '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

i think its pretty normal... whenever i drive aggressive (hitting VTEC) theres always black smoke... mind you i dont hit VTEC tat often and if its the first time i do in a week or so then there will be MORE black smoke...

i think this is due to my car running rich and all those black particles inside my exhaust...
          http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

ahh cool thanks for feed back supernatural and everyone else i guess ive really got nothing to worry about

Comment

It is very normal when cars are booted hard that black smoke comes out as most ECU's are tuned to run richer at the higher rpms to protect the engine. It is safer to run rich (and potentially killing the O2 sensor) rather then running lean and blowing up the engine in extreme cases.

Comment

Just be glad the smoke aint white....

My friend had white smoke, we checked the oil and it turned into milkshake cream colour... basically his coolant somehow mixed with the oil.. very bad.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sypherg View Post
                  Just be glad the smoke aint white....

My friend had white smoke, we checked the oil and it turned into milkshake cream colour... basically his coolant somehow mixed with the oil.. very bad.
                  That gotta be a head gasket, Mill the Head. Must have over heated.

Ouch!!
                  sigpic
                  B.L.A.T Racing.
                  Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

Working...
                  X