C Pillar Brace Dc2r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C Pillar Brace Dc2r

Anyone out there with a C-pillar brace on a DC2 can you let me know which brand you have and your thoughts on it.
    Fit/difference in handling any problems ect.

J's Racing all the way. Shifty has one on his car along with fender bars. I'm gonna be loading my car with J's Racing fender bars, c pillar bar and under body bracing too. Great braces and value for money too.

There was a brand Chi was telling me about the other night that manufacture solid bars that are industry standard but you pay through the nose for them.

Comment

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/laile/s8pb4050rx/
      Laile / Beatrush rear cross beam bar, this should any c pillar bar out there.

btw, anyone know if there is any other type/brand of under body bracing (apart from the usual tie bars) for DC2, let me know..

Comment

Theres heaps of bars out there.

You have beatrush, miracle X , Carbing , Js racing, megan , etc etc etc.

BTW spot welded bars > single bolt joined bars.

Anyways here is a few random bars for your drooling pleasure.

Last edited by Chi; 12-01-08, 11:08 PM.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
        Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

i got my j's racing on about 2 months ago... did it just after my coilovers. Easy install, great value for money, nice peice...

It really does feel as though it draws the car together too, feels a lot more rigid especially around tight corners where the rear of the car follows around the front and its must easier provoked into oversteer for adjustability. The only thing i regreat is a really have to think twice about rear seat passengers...

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
            The only thing i regreat is a really have to think twice about rear seat passengers...
            ever since i got mine, no one wants to sit in the back of my car... which is great!!

Comment

Thanks guys some great designs there if only i had a track only car.....mmm

K.C do you have one of these Beatrush setups on your car?
              I like the look & principle of the design.

If so is the part number S84050PB-RX

Did you purchase through Laile? or is there some one in OZ that does these?
              (i dont speak Japenese)

Comment

Originally posted by nipnip View Post
                ever since i got mine, no one wants to sit in the back of my car... which is great!!
                hahaha, i suppose it aint that bad, just another reason to strip out the rear seats too!

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
                  Theres heaps of bars out there.

You have beatrush, miracle X , Carbing , Js racing, megan , etc etc etc.

BTW spot welded bars > single bolt joined bars.

Anyways here is a few random bars for your drooling pleasure.

I want this setup. But with a 6 point cage with cross bars, lower B pillar bar and harness bar is there any need?

It looks like a Miracle X. Confirmed? And do they make a DC5 option?

Comment

Originally posted by stever View Post
                    K.C do you have one of these Beatrush setups on your car?
                    I like the look & principle of the design.
                    Did you purchase through Laile? or is there some one in OZ that does these?
                    (i dont speak Japenese)
                    i was saving up for the beatrush one, now there is more choices, i'm having 2nd thought.

Any trader here could get beatrush product i guess..

EDIT: anyone knows the part no. for the carbing rear cross bar and carbing trunk bar for dc2? cant find it on the carbing japs website.
                    Last edited by K.C.; 13-01-08, 04:56 PM.

Comment

IMO the carbing one is quite good actually... proves itself well during corner... its big tho.... but the bar goes behind the rear seat... so i can have passengers without hurting them...
                      http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Has anyone got some photos of the carbing setup?

Comment

It really does feel as though it draws the car together too, feels a lot more rigid especially around tight corners where the rear of the car follows around the front and its must easier provoked into oversteer for adjustability. The only thing i regreat is a really have to think twice about rear seat passengers...
                          my exact words

Comment

i got my j's racing on about 2 months ago... did it just after my coilovers. Easy install, great value for money, nice peice...

i third this!

through the mountains the back feels more planted and has a bit more grip to offer, i put the brace in as on of the first mods, now i have a lot of braces(front strut and lower, rear strut and lower, floor brace and the cpiller) and i felt more from the cpiller one than the rest.

i would like to compare my setup to the xbrace setup

Comment

Working...
                            X