Removing a tricky DC5R steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing a tricky DC5R steering wheel

In the process of stripping my car I've come across what seems to be a conundrum. The factory steering wheel will not budge once I have removed the centre bolt on the steering column. Any tips on how to get it off?

I'm planning on hunting down and killing the guy who sold me the car through sheer frustration. I knew the car was a repairable write off but the quality of workmanship is deplorable. People should not be allowed to put these kinds of cars back on the road. There was even a rag underneath the cabin carpet stuck to a large puddle of bog filled I can only assume because the plugs for the floor had been lost.

Alot of this stuff is impossible to find unless you pull the car apart. Just as well it's now undergoing a complete refurb.
    Last edited by m0nty; 12-01-08, 07:31 PM.

Update...

It looks as though these fukn muppets have GLUED the wheel onto the steering column, presumably because they're lebanese chop shop meatheads too wrapped up in themselves to notice that the steering column is notched to take the wheel. If the wheel is in fact loctite or glued on does anyone know of any chemical solvent I could use to break the bond?

Comment

Maybe the muppets head that glued it on in the first place. Use it as a jimmy to get the wheel off.

Any solvents that could get the glue off would melt the plastics wouldn't they?

Comment

In the process of stripping my car I've come across what seems to be a conundrum. The factory steering wheel will not budge once I have removed the centre bolt on the steering column. Any tips on how to get it off?
        You should be able to get a gear puller like this one to pull it off
        F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Take some pics of the carnage, we wanna see
          /Oo ___H___ oO\
          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Working...
          X