No announcement yet.

CiviC type R - Turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the replies, im buying a civic 2007 type R.. Yeh I have thought about the potential reliability issues hence wanting to know if anyone has done one..

VE ssv out the door today, after votech charger running 325kw at the wheels, so nice for the sub 12 sec 1/4's... but not soo good with the 22L per 100km

Thought of rexi or evo pre-turbo'd, but although they are good cars just love the new type R's hmmmmm not to sure on the headroom for the new type R engines and whether I can get an 80nM of torque out of the stock engine without forced induction assume new exaust and ECU tune might get me 50nm max? opinions

Comment

If you buy something that new, you shouldnt mod it anyways as youll be voiding your warranty.
      FN2R, leave it as is imo.
      Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Originally posted by hyperterminal
        hmmmmm not to sure on the headroom for the new type R engines and whether I can get an 80nM of torque out of the stock engine without forced induction assume new exaust and ECU tune might get me 50nm max? opinions
        If you want alot of torque, dont buy a Honda.

Comment

What about supercharging it instead?

I was over at JTune last night watching a supercharged FN2R being tuned on the dyno by James and also Dug (Hondata USA)

The thing sounded awesome and the power figure was . I promised I would not divulge any figures so as they would let me watch but what I can say is that thing is going to be a bullet. On the road it will be seriously quick.

I am seriously considering trading my wife in for that blower kit

I guess I will just have to make do with my FN2R with the cams, intake, exhaust and Hondata reflash they were just doing the final road tune on late last night

Again I cannot give figures but there is a big increase in torque from under 4000rpm and right on up through the rev range with a pretty impressive jump it peak power up top. She is going to be fun to drive!

Cannot wait for Feb 17 and Winton Just wish I could afford an LSD before then!

Comment

Cost:Power is better with a turbo charged application
            Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
              If you want alot of torque, dont buy a Honda.
              well, it is more true to say: if you want lots of torque, just add a turbo to a Honda.
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Q_ball View Post
                Cost:Power is better with a turbo charged application
                that is: the "cost to power ratio" is better with a turbo compared to a supercharger.

but a supercharger "kit" is usually a simpler thing to fit and maintain...
                ... retired/

Comment

LOLL, yeh...thats wat i was trying to say
                  Thanks Dave

Comment

This might serve as a bit of inspiration

K20A + Supercharger
                    http://www.mugen-power.com/concept/dominator/index.html
                    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

Geez, BlackDC2 and I still havent had our showdown

Comment

that mugen looks pretty sweet, yeh might speak to the guys from CAPA in SA and see what they think may fit the bay....

where is toda and jtune located??

thx guys

Comment

You wanna buy an FN2 and immediately mod it? Since you have cash to burn why not just get an EP3 and supercharge + other mods. You'll have a better looking car with a stronger base platform. Oh, and it weighs nearly 200kgs less.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperterminal View Post
                            that mugen looks pretty sweet, yeh might speak to the guys from CAPA in SA and see what they think may fit the bay....

where is toda and jtune located??

thx guys
                            TODA is in Nello Place Wetherill Park (Sydney). I don't think Adrian has worked on the FN2. In fact hardly anyone in Australia has taken on an FN2 yet. It's just far too new to tear apart like that.

What is it you like about the FN2?

Comment

Working...
                            X