is this too low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this too low?

hey guys i've been thinking about getting the skunk2 springs for my dc5r off one of the traders from this forum. i wanted to know, if the front drop is 2.25" and the rear is 2" would the tyres scrap the guards? or will there be at least a 1 finger gap? anyone got a picture and their experience of a dc5r with these springs or ones with a similar drop in height installed?
    i got JDM DC5R Rims 17x7 +60 Offset with Bridgestone RE040 Tyres on the car atm if that helps.

cheers

nothing is ever too low... never low enough i say!
    'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

dc5 needs all the slamming it can get lol

you shouldn't have any scrubbing issues with those springs

Comment

is alignment going to be an issue with slammed DC5's?
        ... retired/

Comment

what this thing.. with DC5R's, if you lower them too much, the steering rack hits the control arm or some thing like that. My mate had they happen to him on his DC5R. You need to change a part upside down or something, in order to successfully "slam" a DC5?

Tinks, you know about this? If you do, explain... explainnn... anyone?

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

yeah DC5's look SWEET slamed with massive camber at the back... i miss when my car was slammed

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
              Tinks, you know about this? If you do, explain... explainnn... anyone?
              yes - i understand DC5's (and Euro's) suffer bad alignment issues, but dunno exactly why or what is best to minimise the effects?
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                yes - i understand DC5's (and Euro's) suffer bad alignment issues, but dunno exactly why or what is best to minimise the effects?
                http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=3281

Chi's thread basically covers all of this.

Search is your friend!

Comment

For the suspension setup for EP3 and the DC5 has been changed from double wishbone to McPherson strut so when the car is extremely lowered the front steering rods will become too short for toe adjustment.As a result, there will be insufficient adjustment to get the proper toe setting. With the aftermarket steering rods, it allows sufficient adjustment and steering control is also remarkabily improved.
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box
                    changed from double wishbone to McPherson strut
                    what are the advantages of this? =\

Comment

it is $cheaper$ to mass manufacture, LOL!
                      ... retired/

Comment

no suprises there. lol

Comment

Yeah I got BuddyClub Racing Spec installed and I have -3 camber on the rear, so i need a rear camber kit and I need Inverted tie rod, more money i didnt take into account..... but mite get a roll centre adjuster as well.
                          Nankangs, Better than Your-Mums-Cans

* Please note, I hate Nankangs.

Comment

Working...
                          X