No announcement yet.

Spoon Springs too low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez Thanh, what the hell did you do to snap the spring??

How much will set of spoon springs set me back for my DC2R? I wouldn't mind lowering mine a couple of inches either..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Got some as well, excellent spring, good ride and perfect height, check out JDM Concept or Nengun.com for prices. Around the $500 mark I paid.

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
        Geez Thanh, what the hell did you do to snap the spring??

How much will set of spoon springs set me back for my DC2R? I wouldn't mind lowering mine a couple of inches either..
        nothing man. i was entering a relatively flat driveway when that happened. hit the bump and heard a loud bang. got out and had a look... my tyre was sitting completely below the guard lol

they were great while i had them on though with koni shocks. great ride and quite a substantial improvement to handling over the stock base dc5 sussy
        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Kewl... I'm gunna get a set for my DC2R then and see how they go...

Quote:
          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

i had spoon springs with standards dampers on my dc2r for a year or so, and 2 track days. excellent for daily and winding road driving, great ride height etc, had no problems with them.
            ..ok for track work but still too soft a setup in my opinion. u really need coilovers if youre gunna track your car..if i had my time again i wouldve gone streight to coilovers and saved myself some money, but thats just my 2c.
            "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

I have got spoon prog springs and fixed dampers on my DC2R.

It lowers the car by about 30mm. The front is now 5mm lower than the rear height instead of 10mm difference between front and rear on stock setting.

Overall the springs and shock combo makes my car easier to drive on smooth road surfaces. The set up felt slightly underdamped. Don't expect it to be a lot faster than stock, it is about 0.7 secs faster than a stock suspension set up around Wakefield park.

I'm quite happy with the set up as it is very comfortable and the set up is fun to drive. However, I do find the springs a little too low as the B pipe can scrape over some bad roads. A dumb mechanic also scraped my front lip big time when i took it to Pink slip station.

I might be selling the spoon springs in the near future (it's used for about 10k kms) as I am planning to buy the Toda fightex DA coilovers. So if any one is interested let me know.

Comment

So the spoon springs wont have any negative effect on the stock itr shock/suspension setup? I don't know shit about suspension mods, lol.. Just wouldn't mind lowering the car a bit..

Quote:

Comment

spoon progressive rate springs are designed to work with the stock itr shock absorbers.

not to be confused with the springs spoon sells to use with their height-adjustable coilover kit.

any modification will have some negative effect on some areas, while (hopefully) improving other areas. the lower spoon springs will make your ride slightly harsher and increased camber may have a detrimental effect on tyre life (not much though..)
                  on the up side, turn in should be crisper, less body roll ('improved handling') and nice stance..
                  "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Working...
                  X