jdm brembo dc5 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm brembo dc5 conversion

currently running audm stock dc5r brake setup with oem wheels.

im about to purchase a jdm brembo setup.. would i have to change the rears aswell too ?
    would the front wheels be in a different position due to diff offsets on the jdm dc5?

or would it be in the same position because im changing the entire setup ?
    cheers
    Last edited by zco; 03-01-08, 09:28 PM.

pm sent
    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
    1)ブレーキを踏む
    2)クラッチを切る
    3)シフトダウンしなから、
      アクセルをぶかす
    4)クラッチをつなぐ
    :blah:
    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

and replied.. thanks

Comment

Hey man,
        Im interested changing my fronts to brembos too, just wandering what requirement do i need and how much do you buy the brembos for

cheers

grace

Comment

No one has ever really made this transplant clear. Is there a link to what has to be done?

I won't be transplanting the Brembos, but I will be using brakes made for JDM spec car so I assume the same mods will need to be done.

Comment

i know this is not answering ur question.. but i really dont c why u need the brembo's accept for the bling factor...

just get a good set of pads (project mu for example) and some good rotors (just some slotted DBA's or project mu (exy) ) if its for the street...
            RWD + Boost =

Comment

Originally posted by SHIFTY View Post
              i know this is not answering ur question.. but i really dont c why u need the brembo's accept for the bling factor...

just get a good set of pads (project mu for example) and some good rotors (just some slotted DBA's or project mu (exy) ) if its for the street...
              I'm uber hard on brakes. I usually get around 10 laps from a set of Mu HC Plus pads. The 1 pots of the AUDM DC5R are OK. But I love late braking. 6 pots will give me a little more confidence and shave some tenths off with a later braking zone.

I agree that for road cars Brembo are little more than bling.

Comment

im talking for street purposes.. how many forum members are in 2 full on tracking
                Last edited by SHIFTY; 08-02-08, 07:19 PM.
                RWD + Boost =

Comment

just get some brembo brake coverz y0 20 bux! you have bling and enuff left over for pads hehe
                  19,000 rpm still going

Comment

Originally posted by zco View Post
                    currently running audm stock dc5r brake setup with oem wheels.
                    I just read this again. You'll need to change your wheels too. The AUDM 16" wheels won't fit with Brembo calipers.

Comment

What you need to do JDM conversion....
                      Drive shaft
                      kunkle
                      hub
                      calipers
                      rotors
                      LCA
                      that will properbly cost you approx 2.5k all up.....depends whether you can find some cheap stuff......

SHIFTY: if you try AUDM brake setup and JDM on track you will know......they are different......I won't be stupid enough to spend 2k+ for bling.....
                      Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                      1)ブレーキを踏む
                      2)クラッチを切る
                      3)シフトダウンしなから、
                        アクセルをぶかす
                      4)クラッチをつなぐ
                      人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Hi guys

you make it clear the most important thing for JDM brembo conversion is JDM lower control arm. This is the hardest part to source as well. The rest of parts like rotor,disc, brake line, brembo caplier are easy to source.

Comment

ITs not hard....let me know if anyone need one....
                          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                          1)ブレーキを踏む
                          2)クラッチを切る
                          3)シフトダウンしなから、
                            アクセルをぶかす
                          4)クラッチをつなぐ

Comment

Working...
                          X