DC2R: Load Rating + RE01R Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R: Load Rating + RE01R Problem

WTF is with the sizes and load ratings for RE01R for the stock JDM size DC2R rims?

I recently got a new set of rims (16x7) and was looking to import a set of RE01R in 205/45/16 size but then i noticed that the load rating 83V is not enough. It needs to be 84V.

The closest size available on tirerack is 205/55/16 91V but it weighs 5lb more than the 205/45/16 and has a much taller sidewall..

Am i missing something? or am i just butt farked and i just need to accept it?

PS: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...irePageLocQty=

nup, you are not missing anything.

sorry.
    ... retired/

Comment

thanks tinks

can someone chime in with a possible alternative to the RE01R... or is it just the best non semi-slick tyre you can get?

Comment

does the re-01r come in 215/45 r16 or 205/50 r16? maybe these sizes will have a better load rating. also i know my previous set of dunlop sport maxx's were a 'high load rating' variant with a higher load rating than the normal sport maxx in that size, dunno if there are 'high load rating' versions of the bridgestone tyre? also try yokohama advan neova, i think they have the correct load rating in 205/45 r16.

ps whered u source the ssr's from?
        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

all available sizes are on this link szy
          http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.j...irePageLocQty=

i looked on bridgestones various web sites and couldnt find anything close to what i want in sizes/ratings

got the ssr's through jdmyard

you sold the P1's? and now driving around on SS tyres? LOL

Comment

http://www.bridgestone.co.jp/tire/po...e01r/size.html
            go a bit wider, 215/45/R16 is the JDM DC2R oem size anyway....
            Last edited by K.C.; 02-01-08, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I think i love you KC.. LOL

it says on that link that the rim width for 215/45/16 is 7-8 inch. and i am guessing they recommend 7 inch right? (i cant read jap)

So all might be ok... hopefully that size is available in the US.

Comment

215/45 16" is the JDM standard fitment, and yes, will have the load rating required...
                | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

ah yes but is freaky riding on 215/45/16 or 205/45/16? (point is moot i know)

hey freaky can you comment on my comments in
                  http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=2986

i dont think anyone follows my ramblings there (cos possibly they dont make sense)

Comment

In 205/45/16 Toyo T1Rs and Bridgestone RE001s have the load rating you need. I'd prefer 215/45/16 but good luck finding a tyre in this size on the local market, odometer moves a tiny bit slower too
                    ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

i currently have RE001's in 205/45/16 and i like the turn in feel.. but they are not hard core enough for me... i want RE01R !!

I guess i will have to try 215/45/16 next.. and will see how she goes...

Comment

stock jap rim is 16x7, same as urs (but ur ssr's will have wider offset +42ish vs +50ish) with 215/45 r16 tyre so u will b fine.

yes running the stockies now with re55s.
                        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

I'm using Michelin PP2 in 205x45 16" - Load rating 87W
                          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

could someone please elighten me as to what the load rating refers to and how important it is?
                            thanks guys and sorry for going oftopic
                            Originally posted by tinkerbell
                            if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

Comment

i dont know exactly.. but its basically how much max weight the tyre is made to be able to carry.

the number refers to the weight and the letter refers to the max speed the tyre is certified for.

the higher the number the more weight the tyre can carry...

its important because legally you must be on tyres that meet the load requirements of your car.. else your insurance might not pay out your claim..

Comment

Working...
                              X