Replacment of speedo/tacho perspex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacment of speedo/tacho perspex

hey every 1 my perspex on my dc2r has had these weird spots on it from when i bought the car have a look, i would take it that they would be from some sorta cleaner ?

in any case can you replace it or is it like replace the hole gauge cluster
    Attached Files
    Living The Midnight Dream

Try cleaning them off first. Something with citrus might work. Suss out a few different cleaners and give it a try before getting a new cluster. Worst case a razor blade might take them off but may produce some scratches..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

i wonder what the previous owner was thinking when he did that =\

dont immediately buy a new cluster, try a few differant detergents..

Comment

the cluster glass can be purchased as a separate item from Honda dealerships. They go for around $90 if my memory serves me correctly.

Comment

ORange Power is your friend, it may be just enough to get it off.. your local Woolies will sell it in the cleaning section.

Can always try toothpaste as well, if Orange Power doesn't work..
          David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
          '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
          '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

vinegar should do the trick !!! or lemon is not to bad
            ready! steady! go! i-VTEC!!!

Comment

I would use Meguiar's plastic cleaner/polish before anything else.
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

sometimes that happens when people try to clean tthe cluster cover with ammonia rich cleaners....

Comment

thank you very much for all that info

At lest now i got a few things to try out and good thing to keep in mind that i will be able to get replacement glass if all els fails

I could just imagine how much a new cluster would cost lol

Comment

hehe looks like the previous owner left a bit of a mess

hehe just kidding mate. Hope it comes off with some cleaning products. If nothing works try using metho

Comment

Ive found out what has caused it, talked to the privies owner today and apparently its perfume from his ex girlfriend and hes tried many things to get it off

what was she doing sparying that near the cluster ?

must of been pretty strong perfume to do that, sound fishy to me but whats done is done i guess

Comment

my cluster has those same spots. not sure how they got there either. woke up one morning and saw it like that...

Comment

EASY OFF BAM! BAM! and the dirt is gone BAM!
                          DCIIR

Comment

try mothers plastic polish. works very well.

about $18/bottle if my memory serves me correctly.
                            T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Omg I have the exact same problem!!!!!

Mine was self inflicted though - I sprated the dash to clean it and must have missed a few dots on the perspex.

Parked my car in the sun and there you go - melted into the plastic.

Used all sorts of plastic polish but it wont go away!
                              "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X