Suspension questions dc5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension questions dc5

I have a few issues with my current setup.

koni (has crap warranty) ajustable shocks in the front
    lowered (very low) pedders springs

The problem is it seems to crash over little bumps but through dips in the road it rocks front to back like a seasaw.

I love the way its really frim through a corner and if you push it hard it grips really well at the front. Infact i have even managed to get the rear to flick out a few times ??????? But because i live in a country area the small bumps make it really hard to corner as the car crashes an jumps across the road surface

Should i be able to get a better ride from a lowered car? Or should i just get standard springs an do other mods like sway bars etc thanks in advance.
    F/S: VTI-R Civic

do you have the money to upgrade your suspension?
    ... retired/

Comment

Yup. But dont want the hassle i had with koni
      i thought that shandard springs an a sway bar might give a better ride with the same cornering ability i have got now

Comment

I think it's your springs, I have a friend with pedders springs and it's unbelieveable hard in any road condition.

2 solution : change your springs or get coilovers that suit your style

Comment

I got some tein SS going at a reasonable price and they are the Aus Spec ones, I have found them very good on all road types....
          NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Yer they sound good and a good price. I have just spent that with the current set up so i would like to use th koni's if possible.

Would standard springs be good or should i get a different brand spring? thanks for your help

Comment

thought about mugen? nice drop, compfy ride...and it's moogen

z10 says:
              i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
              z10 says:
              mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

If you're not in a rush, then I'd put stock springs back in.
                You'll probably find it's better. Stiffer rear stabiliser bar means your car will tend to oversteer more than it is now (read: it might end up bringing it neutal)

Lower doesn't always mean better and esp if you drive on country roads, a longer suspension travel to soak up the bumps would likely be more comfortable.
                happyhong says:
                aus only have 3 r
                happyhong says:
                civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
                  If you're not in a rush, then I'd put stock springs back in.
                  You'll probably find it's better. Stiffer rear stabiliser bar means your car will tend to oversteer more than it is now (read: it might end up bringing it neutal)

Lower doesn't always mean better and esp if you drive on country roads, a longer suspension travel to soak up the bumps would likely be more comfortable.
                  Well said.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys i have chucked up a wanted thread for a set of standard springs.

Comment

you can always try buddyclub, they're always quality stuff and half decent price too!

good luck dude

Comment

Originally posted by Page View Post
                        Yup. But dont want the hassle i had with koni
                        i thought that shandard springs an a sway bar might give a better ride with the same cornering ability i have got now
                        i just fitted a set of Eibach Prokit springs to my mates Euro,

http://www.eibach.com.au/prokit.html

excellent quality *cold worked* springs, mild drop, very comfortable, but reduced lots of body roll...

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe...8366000008782?
                        ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                        X