Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to find stuff lost in your engine bay (WW, Expletives Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find stuff lost in your engine bay (WW, Expletives Inside)

F*CKEN PIECE OF SH*T!!! GRRRRRR MOTHERF*CKING SCREWS F*CK F*CK F*CK!!! F*CK!

edit: altered swearwords

Sorry, had to vent quickly before starting my question.

Whats the best way to locate things lost in the engine bay like little bolts, screws and nuts?

I lost a Mugen Airbox screw the other day. Tonight I took my airbox out and located it. In the process of putting it back in I lost one again down the side, Had to remove the airbox again. Then a thirds time in the process of reinstallation I lost one AGAIN. Then in my frustration, whilst undoing the others I lost two more. So I've found two but one I can't locate for the life of me. I gave up. My car is in pieces presently. Please help.

Sang
    almost JDM spec, y0!

There are those long magnetic things you can stick down there to pick it up.

If you can't see it then try whirling it around and hopefully it will pick it up.

Get yourself a set of magnetic screwdrivers. and it almost never happens.
    happyhong says:
    aus only have 3 r
    happyhong says:
    civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
      There are those long magnetic things you can stick down there to pick it up.

If you can't see it then try whirling it around and hopefully it will pick it up.

Get yourself a set of magnetic screwdrivers. and it almost never happens.
      thanks ed. since im not able to drive to the shop to buy one, tofu is gonna lend me his. thanks jeff.
      almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

I feel your pain sang. When installing my airbox i lost 2 screws, found them then snapped them when installing!!! grrrr F(#*$)*

If you need a hand let me know and I can come help.

Comment

magnetic devices FTW...
          ... retired/

Comment

thanks adam.

i bought a magnetic pick up thing today and had a poke around and somehow must have pushed the screw out rather than collecting it with the magnetised block at the end of the stick - weird. but anyway i like the stick, seems like it might come in handy in future. thanks for the tip ed.

what i did buy as well though is a little yellow block with two holes in it that magnetises and demagnetises all of your tools!!!!! you just stick it in one hole to magnetise it and the other to demagnetise it. amazing! magentises any metal object in a second. and it only cost ~$3 from mitre 10!!!
            almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

pics of tool plz i want

Comment

Working...
              X