Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! I think my sussy is screwed....

Hey guys,
    incase u werent aware of this i drive a DC5R which is bone stock except for a Mugen Twin-loop. Anyway on saturday night i drove down to cold stream to pick some people up from a concert and going there i had to go up some dirt roads which were VERY BUMPY to say the least. I am talking struggling to go at 15 kays an hour bumpy.

Well, now that im back to civilisation (sorry if i offend anyone here) when i go over speed humps, my front sussy squeaks and makes a horrendous sound. The back seems to be fine for now though... Is there a chance its screwed? Should i go and get it tested at Pedders etc?
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Originally posted by Didz View Post
    Hey guys,
    incase u werent aware of this i drive a DC5R which is bone stock except for a Mugen Twin-loop. Anyway on saturday night i drove down to cold stream to pick some people up from a concert and going there i had to go up some dirt roads which were VERY BUMPY to say the least. I am talking struggling to go at 15 kays an hour bumpy.

Well, now that im back to civilisation (sorry if i offend anyone here) when i go over speed humps, my front sussy squeaks and makes a horrendous sound. The back seems to be fine for now though... Is there a chance its screwed? Should i go and get it tested at Pedders etc?
    Hard to really tell without having a sound clip or hearing it...

But if you can't otherwise "feel" problems with the way the car is handling then I would assume the dirt roads have probably just introduced some dust into your swaybar/other bushings... maybe causing the noises.

Every few months my DC2R rear swaybar bushes start squeaking annoyingly until I pull them off, clean/lubricate them and reinstall....
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

I got it checked out and it turn out the D bushes on the front sway bar are on their way out. everything else is fine though so yeh i guess it was jsut dirt....

Comment

time for coilovers and aftermarket sway bars.... damn...

Comment

this is true. i really want coils and this time of the year is favourable.

Comment

Guys, is it normal for swaybars to squeak on dc2r? I noticed some squeaking whenever the car sways. ie. braking and take offs.

Does it sound like my swaybar need greasing?

note. there is no noise when gonig over bumps on the road.
            David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
            '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
            '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Milkman, my swaybars don't make noise.

Try cleaning the coilovers well... you can have dirt stuck in between stuff that is causing the squeek.

Originally posted by ChargeR
              Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Thanks Rix, I might as well check the lot whilst I'm there
                David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
                '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
                '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Working...
                X