defect question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

defect question

i have just been given a little canary sticker for my exhaust and need to go thru regency to get the car off defect, so i have to re-install my stock exhaust. i have a few questions:

1) will i have to replace the whole exhaust system? i have the entire stock system inc headers and cat, and currently ,Mbit 4-2-1, jdm cat, fgk pg. i dont think the stock aus cat-back will fit onto the 4-2-1s with either cat..anyone know otherwise?

2) will i have to remove the coilovers? no one seems to have a definite answer to this..at this stage i will raise the ride height and try to go thru with them on..worst comes to worst i will have to put it thru again after with the stock suspension but that is going to be even more of a headach to remove..
    any suggestions/ advice?
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

I dunno the difference with Mbit and Toda header, but someone had Toda header, JDM cat, and stock AUDM catback installed together before.

Question, were you done when you were driving and pulled over due to noise or were you just parked and they saw aftermarket exhaust and decided to defect you? Just curious as I've got aftermarket exhaust too.

Comment

with your canary, does it requires a road worthy certificate?if does then just raise the car up to the standard level ,and slap on the silencer for your fgk pg exhaust then take it to exhaust place to get a noise test certificate. then you will be alright. cheers

Comment

when i posted this question for you on ozhonda the replies are pretty much agreed.. coilovers must go.

Has anyone bothered getting a engineers report on their car? what does it cost?

it might be worth doing lots of mods then getting the report done then driving around with peace of mind???

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78569

Comment

i have had a look at the transportSA web site to try to find some conclusive info in this.

I think you need to have a good (long) read of the pdf's.. There are about 40 information bulletins.. i cant find "links" to them but you can get to them by changing the number at the end of this url link

so bulleting 3 (main guidelines):
          http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/...bulletin_3.pdf

bulleting 30 (engineer list):
          http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/...ulletin_30.pdf

I cant really see anywhere where it says that "coilovers" are not allowed. You are allowed to modify the springs and shocks.. so why not coilovers?

With exhaust.. it just needs to pass emissions and noise.. and that could happen with what you have now??? maybe...

one thing i noticed is that the exhaust shouldnt extend past the end of the car... doesnt the powergetter go past the bumper?

maybe if you can fit the audm exhust you might be ok...

give them a call also... and/or call one of the engineers in the 30 bulletin

Comment

if he has been defencted for the exhaust why would he need to remove the coilovers... as far as anyone is concerned its a shock and spring combo, as long as it is at legal height who cares?

Comment

defect was given while driving..i have driven with the exhaust for about 3years with no hassles. it isnt much louder than legal limit..its not like a BLAAARGH! BC specII or anything. it is more the driving along winding road which attracted the defect..

between now and my appointment with regency, if i want to drive the car on the road i need to go to a police station and get them to sign a form stating the 'exhaust noise' has been addressed.. :/

thanks for the links mic, i'll look into it..
              "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

There is a minimum legal height ride, as long as you meet it then you should be fine.

Sometimes they check the stiffness of your suspension as well, if it's too stiff they will not pass it as well.

For exhaust question, I think removing catback should be enough as stock catback will surpress the noise level.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I'd just put the OEM Axle-Back, back on. Then do as TegDC2R said "...then take it to exhaust place to get a noise test certificate."
                  sigpic
                  B.L.A.T Racing.
                  Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

Working...
                  X