Can any dc5 owner check this for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can any dc5 owner check this for me?

Your bonnet latch opening lever. Does it have any play on it? side to side movement?

You know the lever you press to release the bonnet *the under the bonnet not the one in the car* is it flimsy?

Cheers

Just wandered outside and checked. On my car there is a good amount of play side to side in the lever, maybe 5mm each way. So if you felt like it you could wobble the lever right to left by about 1cm. It is pretty flimsy.

Hope this helps.

Comment

thanks man great help

Comment

Anytime . What was the score? paranoid about your bonnet popping up at high speed?

Comment

yeah mine does too
          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
          http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

no i have noticed that my bonnet rattles. even when its latched in. So i now have to find what it is

Comment

yeah...it does move a bit on mine too....when I got my cf bonnet install the guy told me its normal....most of the car does that too....
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Jing you got another dc5r for yourself?

Mmmm weird I don't have any bonnet rattles/ play maybe it's just me, but I have bit / almost none after I fitted my cf bonnet

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                  no i have noticed that my bonnet rattles. even when its latched in. So i now have to find what it is
                  Have you tried turning the two adjustable rubber stops at each side under the bonnet to raise them up a bit. The ones just rearward of the headlights that the bonnet rests on when it is latched.

My bonnet used to rattle heaps after I got ESMM and an ETD but adjusting the stops helped.

Comment

Ahhh thats it i do have engine damper and engine mounts again will try later on

Comment

my bonnet all rattles and even adjusting the rubber stoppers it didn't releave the rattle complete, but it did help a little.

Comment

Problems solved yo! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X