Oil Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Filter

I am going to have a service on this two weeks and I am looking for an oil filter.
    Is there any different between the oil filter?
    Is this one good?

And the transmission oil, Do I need to use the honda one?

just about any filter thats made in Japan is good.. even though the honda OEM filter is made in USA its still pretty good

I'm pretty sure the OEM filter is around $14 and honda MTF(manual transmission fuild) is around $14 a liter too i think

the MTF is very runny pretty much like sunflower oil even though is 75w-80 API LG4

and you don't have to use the MTF but you cant go wrong if you do (I've heard ITR's don't like certain oils for the transmission though you have to research what oil to put in it if you wanter go non MTF)

funny thing in my DC2R i change the transmission oil and it a smoother shift for about 5000km after then it seems to lose the some of the smoothness i change it every 10000km or every 2nd engine oil change
    Living The Midnight Dream

Comment

honda gearbox oil is fine, that oil filter is what honda use in japan, we have the blue ones here... IMO there's no difference between them 2 unless u're comparing with ryco filters

Comment

Originally posted by MKDC2 View Post
        honda gearbox oil is fine, that oil filter is what honda use in japan, we have the blue ones here... IMO there's no difference between them 2 unless u're comparing with ryco filters
        You can get both blue and green oil filters from Honda aus. Not sure what the differences are. I have seen the green oil filter used in the new civics.
        Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
        "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
        sigpic
        itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
        send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by dazDC5s View Post
          You can get both blue and green oil filters from Honda aus. Not sure what the differences are. I have seen the green oil filter used in the new civics.
          hahaha new lesson everyday... well i service my car at centrax and the mechanic use blue ones.. i think to match their company colour

Comment

Hamp filters are designed to keep a more constant oil pressure, and raises oil pressure also.

Comment

Blue ---> OEM Oil Filter
              Green (HAMP)---> Stand for Honda After Market Parts

You can't go wrong with both of them.

Comment

i stay safe with genuine honda oils .. i buy the MTF from honda and the blue filter, for street use its fine..

Originally posted by kEY
                And the transmission oil, Do I need to use the honda one?

i use the genuine oil, but many members here use thicker/thinner oils than specified by honda as they find them better.. for street use MTF would be fine, but is also pricier..
                Last edited by Elwood; 12-11-07, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X