Coilover life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilover life

So do how well do stiffish coilovers (like 10kg/mm) take life on the street.. do they need to be overhauled every 50k km? or something like that?

Could people with lots of experience comment on this?

I am considering some Zeal coilovers. On the softest setting they are quite livable imo but will they simply need binning or expensive fixing after 2 yrs of my street driving?

Thanks

im running 14f/10r atm.. they're fine for road use as long as you avoid the bumps and pot holes... i've driven dc2r with zeal function xs (function x springs) and damper rate at 2, it feels firm yet not too harsh.. i ain't no pro but hope it doesn't discourage you into not buying coilovers

Comment

lol. 'harsh' can mean so many things.. it is sooo dependant on personal preference..
      how long have i had my set for? i think its been 2 years now and about 40,000kms..they seem to be working as well as when new, no leaks,etc. daily driven and 2 track days.
      "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

i do about 25k per year so i'd like to hear people say that 100k isnt out of the question...

????

Comment

One of the benefits of an adjustable setup is that you can stiffen them up to compensate for the wear over time. Obviously if you start on full stiff you won't be able to do that. 1 yr on BC N+ and they are still sweet.
          01 JDM CW DC5R - C pack - 17" RAYS CE28N Bronze - Potenza RE001 - BuddyClub N+ - Mugen Airbox/Header/Twinloop/Strut bar/Therostat/Fan SW/GT Wing - Hondata IMG/K Pro - Bride Seat Rails - Defi BF/Pod - C-West Lip Kit - Super pro castor bushings - Ingalls Camber arms

Comment

just wondering if anyone is selling 2nd hand Coilover, Interested in buying one for my DC5 plus just wondering what is the Offset size for Dc5 rims
            To Full To Shift!

Comment

the audm dc5 wheels are 16x6.5 with a +45 offset

Comment

I have Function XS on my dc2 and I believe in the bad translation of the documentation that I did, Zeal recommend rebuilding them every 20000-25000km.

Mine have done about 28000km with a heap of track time and feel much harsher than they did brand new. Centrax up here is brizzy is a Zeal dealer and I have been told they either send them to Sydney or Japan to get serviced. I asked them how much it was to have mine serviced and tuned a little harder and they said $200 a corner and need a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                X