Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

torque wrench

hey guys,

could i get some recommendations on where to pick up a quality torque wrench (not just the el cheapo type you find anywhere) tomorrow (saturday). in sydney obviously. need one asap.

thanks guys
    eckoflyte

You want a good one then Warren & Brown beam style torque wrench's are good. You're looking atleast 250+ for them.

Have also used a digital snap-on torque wrench. It has a LCD screen where you set the torque.

I believe the sidchrome + kinchrome are the more common and affordable ones at around $80~100.

Someone once told me that t-wrenches need to be calibrated once in a awhile. not sure how true that is though.

End of the day it depends on your budget.

I had the kinchrome, $90 from bunnings. Didn't have a problem with it. Ended up growing legs
    happyhong says:
    aus only have 3 r
    happyhong says:
    civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

I would advise anyone who has ray lug nuts or similar to own one of these..

My first set after 3 weeks of driving.. i found 30% of them lose..

Watch out!!
      Team AMS

Comment

All tourque wrenches need to be calibrated every 12 months or so.

Always set torque to the minimum after using it. leaving the torque wrench wound 'on' means the wrench will need to be calibrated sooner.

I can get geniune CATERPILLER (made by snap-on) torque wrenches at at cost price.

We use these everyday in the mining industry so they would be more than adequate for our honda's lol.
        ClubITR- newcastle

Comment

Originally posted by STEVtEc View Post

Always set torque to the minimum after using it. leaving the torque wrench wound 'on' means the wrench will need to be calibrated sooner.

I can get geniune CATERPILLER (made by snap-on) torque wrenches at at cost price.

We use these everyday in the mining industry so they would be more than adequate for our honda's lol.
          Can you find out a price? I am interested and i am sure there are other ppl who are interested aswell....
          NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Originally posted by STEVtEc View Post

Group buy? If you can get a price that would be awesome as I need to replace the one that grew legs.
            happyhong says:
            aus only have 3 r
            happyhong says:

Comment

yea sure, i could find out a price

However, the price wont change with the more ordered.

Off the top of my head, i think the 3/8 torque wrench goes from 20ft/lb to 100ft/lb.

rrp is about 160, and again off the top of my head i can get em for around 120ish.

Gunna have to wait till monday for the exact price and specs tho fellas
              ClubITR- newcastle

Comment

I'd pay $120 in a flash
                How much for a 1/2" drive?
                happyhong says:
                aus only have 3 r
                happyhong says:

Comment

yeah.. metric not inches please..

Comment

noob Q : what is 1/2 and 3/8 drive?

Need info for noobie plz

I need one as well for future use

Comment

hey guys i still havent bought it yet so i would be very interested in this group buy lol
                      eckoflyte

Comment

1/2", 3/8" etc are the size of the knob on the end of the ratchet.

Sorry for the noob description, hope that helps.
                        happyhong says:
                        aus only have 3 r
                        happyhong says:

Comment

Okay, so does it matter if I use any to tight nuts? or Do I have to use a particular size?

Comment

just get the 3/8ths it will be adequate for 95% of applications, I don't really think you will need the 1/2 for anything other than really big bolts.

BTW I would be in for a 3/8th's so please count me in

ps can you get socket sets as well ?
                            /Oo ___H___ oO\
                            |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

i'd go for a 1/2" drive personally, 3/8 wont be strong enough for crank pulley bolts (177nM for DC2R) etc..

Comment

Working...
                              X