Quick tyre question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick tyre question

I got myself a set of 17" x 7.0" wheels for DC5R and thinking to get RE-001 tires. I am wondering what tyre width is good for such wheel size?

i talked to a bridgestone tyre center, they recommended me to get 215mm width. i know there are other size like 225mm. Can someone please suggest why not to get 225 or 215 width tires?

Feel free to comment, my clubitr fellows

i have 205's on my 16x7 wheels and i feel like its a perfect width tyre for the wheel width..

Comment

my stock 16" wheels runs with 205's too ^_^

I have just used tyre calculator, http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp and find out 225 gives sightly slower speedo reading and the 215 gives a slightly faster speedo reading comparing with the stock tyres.

Comment

so that means 215 is slightly better than 205?
        can dc5r fit in 215 with no problem when full steering?
        ^^

Comment

from the US clubrsx wheels and tires section i read, people usually suggest to get 215 or 225 width for 17x7 wheels. i guess they are not much difference. someone correct me if this is wrong

Comment

Originally posted by DC5R View Post
            so that means 215 is slightly better than 205?
            can dc5r fit in 215 with no problem when full steering?
            ^^
            On the street you won't feel that much of a difference (I'm taking people dun explore the limits of their car on the streets that is). When I went from stock 205 to 225 I felt the steering was a bit heavier due to the larger foot print.

The extra width certainly does help on the track tho. So really its a balance between grip and how nimble you want your car to feel.

215? On what rim? It really really depend on your rim's width, offset and the height of your car (if you want to be anal then also your sussy's setting and mayb even the thickness of tyre you are running).

Atm I am running 225 on a 17 x 7.5 rim with the offset of +43 and it does not rub even on full lock.

Comment

i c ....thz

Comment

Originally posted by endymiony2k View Post
                my stock 16" wheels runs with 205's too ^_^

I have just used tyre calculator, http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp and find out 225 gives sightly slower speedo reading and the 215 gives a slightly faster speedo reading comparing with the stock tyres.
                get 215/45R17 or 225/40R17 and there is only approx +/- 1% of error in speedometer readings. either would fit fine without bulging over the edge of the rim like when I had 225 on my oem wheels hehe
                T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

i recommend 215/45 for 17" if u can afford it though 225/40 would give u better grip but can give u worries in the wet if u use crappy tyres but seeing as ur looking at the adrenalin re001 then u shouldnt have too much of a problem!
                  sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                  X