Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting Tein Flex coilovers

hi all,

Just wanted to make a post about the above coilovers. Ok basically i want to find out how to adjust these babies. I know parts A and B are to lock each other from moving and the C ring is to adjust the height of your car. So how do i actually adjust the height of the car? by turning which part once unlocking C

Question 2
    i know you have to unlock B, in order to adjust A. wot does this actually adjust? the preload on the spring?

Question 3
    My next question is, how do i find out if my current setup has any preload dialled in or not? Reason for this is, im scared when my mechanic installed my tein's he might have dialled in some preload therefore making my ride a lil bumpier than anticipated. hope im making sense and i believe tein flex can adjust preload.

1) Yes, Unlock C. Then rotate the bottom of the mount, up or down. Then lock C. Easier for the front than the rears, due to the mount.
    2) Yes- Preload.
    3) Unlock B, Then start to back-off A. Count the amount of turns. If you loosen A then the spring moves - No pre load.

Do yourself a favor, just get your car corner-weighted.
    This is the best way to set your coilover up. Then you can just play with your Damper/rebound settings.
    Think of corner-weighting like a chair. If all 4 legs are the same length, the chair will be stable.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by OZ-227; 20-10-07, 03:28 PM.
    sigpic
    B.L.A.T Racing.
    Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

thx oz, much appreiciated

another question though

is there a way i can measure if my car has any preload set on it right now?
      so looking at what you said

if i jack the car up on both front left and right (no weight transferred via sway bars) and take off my wheels and measure the springs - the springs should be at its original length? before installation?

the spring length is the part number at the end from tein?
      eg my fronts are SV050-01225
      so is my original length of my front springs 225mm?

thx thx!!!!!

i really want to find out if my suspension was installed correctly before i go do corner weight, gona cost like 500 to sort everything out =|

Comment

Yeah, that might work. But you should get change out of $500.
        I just put mine in.... drove around for a weeks normal driving. Then took it to EastCoast. http://www.eastcoastsuspensions.com.au/ecs-index.html
        They set Height, Camber & told me it weights a shade under 1100KGs. Took about 3 hours.
        sigpic
        B.L.A.T Racing.
        Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

as long as the spring is captive but not 'compressed' it should be alright... an easier way would be to unlock c then spin the whole body rather than undoing the bottom bolts...

there is also a diy method of corner weighting your car at home, but take it to professionals just to be accurate :P

Comment

Originally posted by A'PEXi View Post
            ... an easier way would be to unlock c then spin the whole body rather than undoing the bottom bolts... :P
            Easier....Yes. Let me know how you go with that.....hahaha. It's not that easy to turn the body, as you don't have anything to hold on to properly. And you don't want to damage the Coilover body.
            sigpic
            B.L.A.T Racing.
            Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

I did it a few weeks ago, turned out perfect.

Comment

im back again - havent actually done it

more questions
                1) so when we are using the term 'locking' it just means tightening it correct? so ie for A & B, its just matter of turning them more into each other and u cant turn anymore and that is considered 'locked'?

2) Refering to the below pic

The red lines is how much shock travel it has? is this actually adjustable?

again thank you for replying - just trying to sort out my suspension

Comment

Working...
                X