Should I wrap my header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I wrap my header?

I've been doing some research about wrapping my header.....some ppl say its good and some dun.....just wonder anyone have their header wraped? any one with experience that wrapping header will cause any damage to ur header? I find some information on this web page...
    http://www.centuryperformance.com/heatwraps.asp
    What you guys think.....thx in advance....
    Last edited by air23box; 10-10-07, 12:10 PM.
    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
    1)ブレーキを踏む
    2)クラッチを切る
    3)シフトダウンしなから、
      アクセルをぶかす
    4)クラッチをつなぐ
    :blah:
    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

u mean wrap ur header? =p
    NBGP DC5R

Comment

haha. warping your header would be very bad. :P
      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

I say do it Warp the header, maybe it will increase performance. While your at it dent it too
        /Oo ___H___ oO\
        |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

will this new Mod take me to Warp 10?

and eddy if you plan on trying to keep exhaust temps lower.. dont bother wrapping your headers.. go get them ceramic coated..

or do a DIy with ceramic paint.. its got similar effects i believe..
          Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
          some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
          Originally posted by tinkerbell
          if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
          A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
          Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

I have a friend who wrapped his exhaust not header... not sure about the advantages but when he sold it it looks pretty much like brand new when he unwraps it!

Comment

i wouldn't wrap it, i heard your header will crack over time if its wrapped

z10 says:
              i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
              z10 says:
              mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

if you wrapped it, all the heat will be trapped inside the header which is good for insulating the heat to its surrounding. But this leads to lack of heat dissipation of the header and reduces the durability of the header.

so install heat wrapping-->reduce engine room temp but shorten durability of the header. Personally, i wouldnt use it for street.

Comment

According to a few mechs i've spoken to, wrapping will cause the headers to crack in time and the gains achieved is not worth the trouble. Perhaps its better to custom a shield to prevent the filter, fluids, etc from heating up.
                  Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

Working...
                  X