No announcement yet.

injen cai vs mugen airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was told that someone only had, gruppem intake, jdm IM, spoon TB, toda headers, some exhaust, and k100, was producing around 150kw atw... very very impressive... can gruppem really b the solution?

Comment

Originally posted by CK1 View Post
      was told that someone only had, gruppem intake, jdm IM, spoon TB, toda headers, some exhaust, and k100, was producing around 150kw atw... very very impressive... can gruppem really b the solution?
      Lol i'd love to run my car on that dyno......
      NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

Originally posted by CK1 View Post
        as stated before, the gains from the gruppem are more evident on the tarmac than they are on the dyno, unless you're in a wind tunnel or have a massive fan in front of the car during the dyno run.
        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

same story OEM --> A'PEXi SRI
          so close to the GruppeM then stopped, recently considered Mugen...
          now...!?!?

has anyone planned on making their own intake?
          custom intake + maximworks headers + metal cat. + buddyclub pro. spec. exhaust?
          unique set-up hopefully i'll get some good results
          Last edited by SUZUKA-R さん; 07-10-06, 04:58 AM.
          www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by SUZUKA-R さん View Post
            has anyone planned on making their own intake?
            custom intake + maximworks headers + metal cat. + buddyclub pro. spec. exhaust?
            unique set-up hopefully i'll get some good results
            Always good to hear of custom setups and if there are any benefits!! Keep us updated if you are planning on doing one

Comment

the IPS intake that jingers recently posted gets my vote for best intake now.
              almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Yeah IPS Intake Manifold kit will get my vote as well although it might cost close to 1500 USD for the whole thing

Comment

lol got/getting (long story) GruppeM is my #1 pref. off the shelf.
                  but atm. if that proves to be unsatisfactory once i tune my car with a custom ECU, planning to make a fully enclosed airbox like the GruppeM in Carbon fibre. get an ARC screen and design the box so it sits parallel to the radiator which sits half way in the box, get a custom mike's metal craft aliminium rad. then at the upper vent of the ings front getting a custom cf enclosed funnel feeder (taking up half the top vent) that is massive in diameter to the box in addition to this having another ARC screen placed 90 degrees to the other ARC screen facing towards the ground and another similiar custom cf funnel feeder using half of the bottom vent. hence the custom rad. so its placed elongated not horizontal. also relocating batt. to rear to make space for it. hence addressing the issues of the CAI/airbox battle. receiving the coldest air with minimal distance travelled, airbox design for air ready to be drawn in and the ram air vaccum effect. with the IPS perhaps my custom intake may have an advantage in that in general physics it receives oncoming air whereas my concept uses the vaccuum effect presurisation effect (due to the difference within the raw enclosed part of the box) plus the advatages listed above.

imagine a semi-ARC induction gruppem intake that is being horizontally switched around 180 degrees towards the front but also using the injen cai style... coupled with a spoon TB im getting off remy tomorrow. update so far. once i get all my parts ready for ECU let you guys know if this is going ahead.

btw. whats your thoughts on it, other than the money blackhole im making for myself! lol ???
                  p.s. reason - trying to steer clear of the most common hondata/toda mods, unique i guess.
                  Last edited by SUZUKA-R さん; 09-10-06, 02:27 AM.
                  www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

well it doesnt really matter what we think of it, what matters is results

Comment

Originally posted by SUZUKA-R さん View Post
                      lol got/getting (long story) GruppeM is my #1 pref. off the shelf.
                      but atm. if that proves to be unsatisfactory once i tune my car with a custom ECU, planning to make a fully enclosed airbox like the GruppeM in Carbon fibre. get an ARC screen and design the box so it sits parallel to the radiator which sits half way in the box, get a custom mike's metal craft aliminium rad. then at the upper vent of the ings front getting a custom cf enclosed funnel feeder (taking up half the top vent) that is massive in diameter to the box in addition to this having another ARC screen placed 90 degrees to the other ARC screen facing towards the ground and another similiar custom cf funnel feeder using half of the bottom vent. hence the custom rad. so its placed elongated not horizontal. also relocating batt. to rear to make space for it. hence addressing the issues of the CAI/airbox battle. receiving the coldest air with minimal distance travelled, airbox design for air ready to be drawn in and the ram air vaccum effect. with the IPS perhaps my custom intake may have an advantage in that in general physics it receives oncoming air whereas my concept uses the vaccuum effect presurisation effect (due to the difference within the raw enclosed part of the box) plus the advatages listed above.

imagine a semi-ARC induction gruppem intake that is being horizontally switched around 180 degrees towards the front but also using the injen cai style... coupled with a spoon TB im getting off remy tomorrow. update so far. once i get all my parts ready for ECU let you guys know if this is going ahead.

btw. whats your thoughts on it, other than the money blackhole im making for myself! lol ???
                      p.s. reason - trying to steer clear of the most common hondata/toda mods, unique i guess.

having trouble picturing it all. some sketches would help. anyhow, just try to make the air travel as short a distance as possible, with as few turns as possible. ensure it's not subject to being heated up. and if possible make use of inlet from a location where free flowing air hits it directly for a ram effect or from a location where free flowing air flows past it to induce a vaccuum.
                      almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

car going into BEL for minor headwork and tunning plus all the other little things. Farfetched idea but killing for just at 280-300nm of torque, not too concerned with kw.
                        www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

heYy guys.. just wondering coz im so confused atm, was lookn at gettn cai for dc2r, wat do i need to look out for? which is the best? from where? be careful of? defects? (i knw these are stupid questions..but need advice hehe)
                          thanx!

Comment

Mugen intake would be good for the DC2R

Comment

yeh ive heard that the mugen intake is the best for DC2R. dont have any experience or logic to back that up, sorry, just hearsay
                              almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

one issue that just came past, people that say grouppem is all good, have u seen the insides of the grouppem? Its as smooth as egg cartoon.

Wat they have done is made a blingy external cf layer which is baby butt smooth but left the inside *ie the most important side* wrinkled like shit :s

Comment

Working...
                                X