No announcement yet.

injen cai vs mugen airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting discussion guys, keep it up .

In the interest of assessing each intake in its entirety could any of the Injen owners tell me whether the placement of the CAI filter interferes with the OEM brake ducts on DC5Rs? The filter sits down in that area behind the front bumper does it not?

Oh, and Gruppe M is the goods for any of those considering it .

Comment

you need ot remove the brake ducts for injen or AEM CAI

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Hey Evatec have you got a picture of your setup? It sounds interesting.
        01 JDM CW DC5R - C pack - 17" RAYS CE28N Bronze - Potenza RE001 - BuddyClub N+ - Mugen Airbox/Header/Twinloop/Strut bar/Therostat/Fan SW/GT Wing - Hondata IMG/K Pro - Bride Seat Rails - Defi BF/Pod - C-West Lip Kit - Super pro castor bushings - Ingalls Camber arms

Comment

Thanks for your post Evan very informative, its always good chatting to you cause you have so much knowledge on everything type r and motorsport in gereral Good to have you round on the boards.

And you definitely know how to drive, that would have scared the living hell out of me having the car on two wheels.
          NA is BEST

59.4 QR Spint - Qld's Quickest DC5R

Comment

It will be next weekend before I get a chance to take a picture of my car showing the intake ducting I am using. I had to do a couple of other small mods but easier to show with a picture of my setup.

The dyno and the track are the real tests of what an air intake system can do for an engine, but I find it of interest to understand why some manufactures take different approaches to design. When I get a chance, I'll post more thoughts with examples.

Just getting back to being on two wheels, I remember comtemplating just a second or two after the wheels touched down whether or not I should feel scared or something after what had just happenned. I checked the side mirror to see where the evo was and it was right up my tail still. I could clearly see the driver with waving arm and raised fist out the driver's side window. Either he was cursing me or excited about the show. I wasn't sure. I had just slipped passed him under brakes coming into the esses (the guy very courtiously left me room to slip through). I thought he may have been a little upset at my muscling past him or just maybe I had dragged the tyre I hit in front of him. This guy is of a size that one swing from him and my driving career could be over. So, his waving fist was of more concern than my motorbiking around the corner.

Comment

what does one pay for a mugen/injen roughly?

Comment

850-950 ish for mugen 400 ish for injen

Heres the funny thing which everyone easily ignores.

You might think mugen is expensive but i dont think it is. Why? First of all you have to know the japanese price. You can get this kit in japan for approx 60000yen divide that by 89 and you get approx $674 aud.

Then you look at the average dudes salery in japan, its alot more then australians salery. So in the end taking into account both markets and varying factors such as shipping/duty/tax i dont think mugen is much more expensive then say injen

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                  850-950 ish for mugen 400 ish for injen

Heres the funny thing which everyone easily ignores.

You might think mugen is expensive but i dont think it is. Why? First of all you have to know the japanese price. You can get this kit in japan for approx 60000yen divide that by 89 and you get approx $674 aud.

Then you look at the average dudes salery in japan, its alot more then australians salery. So in the end taking into account both markets and varying factors such as shipping/duty/tax i dont think mugen is much more expensive then say injen
                  Point taken, so in the end of the day the price is pretty similar, I wish Australia have their own brand for jap cars with products that suit our salary and budget.

Comment

we do in motec. But that is exxy too LOL

Comment

but heaps more exxy for people in Japan

oh, and nice to see you back on the forums Evan...

Comment

Great thread! i have a crappy k&n SRI, it sucks hot air and I lose hp but I think it sounds and looks awesome! Ha

I really dont give a crap about gains....it's a daily driver.

If I had money to burn the gruppie would be my choice.
                        Just along for the ride

Comment

Originally posted by Cracker View Post
                          Great thread! i have a crappy k&n SRI, it sucks hot air and I lose hp but I think it sounds and looks awesome! Ha

I really dont give a crap about gains....it's a daily driver.

If I had money to burn the gruppie would be my choice.

Feel your pain man, i had one of those and as soon as the car got hot my car would ping its tits off

Comment

get a Fujita Air Cold Air Intake

Comment

hey.. just out of curiosity.. would there be any chance of hydrolock if say u had a gruppeM, and it was shitting down rain like a mofo, and u were stuck in a traffic jam (car is stationary for a certain period of time)???
                              Last edited by CK1; 05-10-06, 05:50 PM.

Comment

i (with a gruppe m) was driving in absolutely bucketing rain.... when I got home to the garage, opened up the intake and it had only like 1-2 drops of water in intake box.

another time I was washing my car and accidently threw a whole bukcet of water onto the bonnet (and into the intake) - opened it up, hardly any water inside it again.
                                Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                                http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Working...
                                X