Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helping a friend in need...

Hey all,

A friend of mine has a problem with her car. It’s a 2004 Mazda 6. I know that that’s not the cars we do here but she just wants help as no mechanic has been able to fix the issues. Just some ideas would be good. Here’s what she says:

- It surges power at the 100kmh mark and also if the engine is cold it’s really bad.
    - My revs keep going up and down suddenly at this time of surge as well.
    - I have had the cam sensor replaced which fixed it for a while, say three months ago but now my engine light is still on.
    - Thanks for your assistance.

I thought it may have something to do with the ignition system. Maybe the coils need replacing. Mazda’s computer doesn’t pick up anything wrong either. Any help would be appreciated.

The car is located in brisvagas.

Cheers

Adam

is the car under warranty?

Comment

No, its outta warranty...

Comment

this isn't 100% related to cars but any way i work with Walker lawnmowers witch have a pretty basic EFI system .... any way this mower was doing the same things as u described in the Mazda.

this mower was surging under load and the ECU didn't resistor any fault codes so any way we replaced the crank shaft position sensor which we found faulty and it did fix the problem temporally lol,

but then it started to do same thing again after about 30 hours work, it turns out it had a poor earth from the ECU to the engine which some how stuffed the crank shaft potion sensor in the first place (i wonder how it manged to do that)

though i think whats wrong with the Mazda may be a little more complicated then a simple ECU earthing problem but it kinda sounds similar

well i hope its some help any way goodluck
        Living The Midnight Dream

Comment

I will definately pass that on. Told here to buy an itr instead tho.

Comment

Working...
          X