Replacing bulbs on JDM Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing bulbs on JDM Front

Tried removing the ballast with no luck yesterday. Does anyone have some pictures of what I need to remove to gain access to the bulbs? I tried searching www.team-integra.net and www.honda-tech.com as well but nothing. Can't find the JDM Integra service manual either unfortunately.

One of my bulbs just blew and now I really need to swap it with the new ones. Thanks guys!
    Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

umm i assume Dc2 with JDM front?

shouldent it be the same bulb? umm its pretty straight forward.. with replacing bulbs..

find the bulb that blew you can usually tell from the outside.. then pop your bonnet.. and find the reverse side of the headlight where the bulb would be.. and turn it counter clockwise for like 45" and should almost pull right out..

i believe JDM and audm normal headlights are both hB4..

not sure about highbeams
    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Mine is the 98 spec JDM front which comes with OEM HID's. I have replaced bulbs on the AUDM DC2's and they're easy as you just have to pop the rubber housing, unlock the bulb and remove it.

The problem I have at the moment is removing the ballast which is part of the headlights itself. There are a few screws and nuts, most of which are not reachable unless I remove the whole headlight itself.

TYP 88 R

Comment

Originally posted by De_Cruelz View Post
        Mine is the 98 spec JDM front which comes with OEM HID's. I have replaced bulbs on the AUDM DC2's and they're easy as you just have to pop the rubber housing, unlock the bulb and remove it.

The problem I have at the moment is removing the ballast which is part of the headlights itself. There are a few screws and nuts, most of which are not reachable unless I remove the whole headlight itself.

ohh i get ya now..

i just assumed you had a JDM front =P.. which is what u said in the first post..

hmm isnt the ballast on the HID seperated away from the Headlight itself?
        Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Well I guess you can say it is separated as the non-hid ones use the same projector housings. Here's a link to some pics to best describe it:
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-H...QQcmdZViewItem

TYP 88 R

Comment

geh having a look at that.. to make it easy on yourself.. i say take the whole headlight out.. it looks like the balast sticks out way further than usual which prolly be hitting or coming pretty close to on the one side the ABS unit..

and really close to the PS lines and stuff

ive only seen the 96 model JDM type R which didnt have the HID yet.. and was prettymuch exactly same process as the AUDm ones here.. so

cant help you much now.. but i would remove the headlight and work outside the car just to make it easier for myself..
            Memorable quotes

Comment

Yeah, I wanted to remove the headlight but I think I will need to remove the front bumper as well. Won't have time to work on the car anytime soon either as i've been swamped with assignments. Looks like I will have to wait till the weekend at least before I take it to Top One.

If anyone knows where I can find a copy of the JDM spec service manual that would be great too!

TYP 88 R

Comment

Working...
              X