Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue of big brake caliper upgrade

Hi Folks:

I am planning to upgrade my DC5R front brake to bigger discs & 4 pot calipers, the most common & the easiest for the wallet is the brand called Stoptech, I did some research on US websites, they all mention u need at least 17" wheels for this kit, also not all 17" wheels will give enough room for this kit as well.
    My plan is try to get whole set of std 17" ITS wheels (I am not tie-ass and refuse spend $$, I just want to keep low profile), and get this Stoptech big kit as well. The question is ITS got enough room for them or not? Is anyone did such setup or heard about such case? I cant find any detail about ITS 17" wheels. Also, where can get a set of std 17" ITS wheels? I think no one will bother to change it, they look good and big enough, right?
    Or any of you can give me some suggestion about upgrade the front brake system, I will more than welcome to listen it.
    Thanks

SL

JDM DC5R comes stock with Brembos so maybe you should try using a set of JDM DC5R rims...I'm not saying that they're clear the new brakes you plan to get but maybe you should do some research on the size of the Stoptech calipers and also the size of the Brembo calipers on the JDM DC5R.

Comment

Originally posted by hebe View Post
      JDM DC5R comes stock with Brembos so maybe you should try using a set of JDM DC5R rims...I'm not saying that they're clear the new brakes you plan to get but maybe you should do some research on the size of the Stoptech calipers and also the size of the Brembo calipers on the JDM DC5R.
      dont forget that the jdm dc5r wheels were made to work with other jdm dc5 suspension bits due to the offset. i believe the DC5S wheels would provide more clearance but cant remember the offset off the top of my head.
      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

where are you sourcing a set of Stoptech brake kit?
        direct from USA?

Comment

what offset are your rims?

z10 says:
          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
          z10 says:
          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Last option, i would recommend is spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by M a i k e r u View Post
              Last option, i would recommend is spacers.
              i wouldnt ever recommend spacers. since he's not a tie-ass and he hasnt purchased the wheels yet he still has many options
              T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

something to be aware of with stoptechs...
                http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=507366
                Last edited by matt; 13-09-07, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                  where are you sourcing a set of Stoptech brake kit?
                  direct from USA?
                  yes, you can find them on Stoptech Website.

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
                    i wouldnt ever recommend spacers. since he's not a tie-ass and he hasnt purchased the wheels yet he still has many options
                    Yes, you are totally right. Spacers is not the way to go, I want do something good performance but also reliable. Thanks Maikeru anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                      what offset are your rims?
                      i still using standard 16" wheels, I think they are 50mm offset.

Comment

hi welcome to hte forum yakuza .... which stoptech kit were you looking at? i think go straight to the source

our suspension components are the same as the americas rsx so if you message stop tech and ask them what clears and what wheel offset clears they would be able to help u 100%

no more guessing around

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                          something to be aware of with stoptechs...
                          http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=507366
                          Oh dear..! Thanks matt, Stoptech seems not a good option.
                          By the way, I check the price of new Legend's front brake kit, it included brake calipers, discs & pads. They cost $1000 each side. I think this kit is good enough for DC5R (4 pots), but don't know are they can bolt straight on or needs heaps of modify....

Comment

one of my mate is going to sell the full jdm dc5 front brembo setup....if you interested......he pro looking about 2.2k plus shipping.......let me know if you interested....
                            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                            1)ブレーキを踏む
                            2)クラッチを切る
                            3)シフトダウンしなから、
                              アクセルをぶかす
                            4)クラッチをつなぐ
                            :blah:
                            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                              hi welcome to hte forum yakuza .... which stoptech kit were you looking at? i think go straight to the source

our suspension components are the same as the americas rsx so if you message stop tech and ask them what clears and what wheel offset clears they would be able to help u 100%

no more guessing around

Thanks Jingers for your productive suggestion, but they never reply any email...may be they don't care any Aust customer.

Comment

Working...
                              X