DC2R Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Battery

My last battery had died recently and I acquired one that is 270CCA, I'm just wondering what batteries do DC2R's usually run? does the CCA matter?

usually 310CCA is the norm?
    ... retired/

Comment

will it cause any problems for my car starting with a 270CCA battery?? when i start my car in the morning it takes some time to start... but im guessing its the spark plugs since i haven't changed mine yet as you're meant to change them at 100,000km right?

Comment

good question... mine is doing the same thing, but its only got just on 60000kms on it, and ive had it since new so the plugs are 7 years old, im gonna change them on its next service

Comment

ok... i changed my exhaust, and now in the morning my cold start is fine again, and now im really confused.. oh well time to change spark plugs anyway

Comment

nrma did mine

Comment

Originally posted by MKDC2 View Post
              ok... i changed my exhaust, and now in the morning my cold start is fine again, and now im really confused.. oh well time to change spark plugs anyway
              Maybe the battery is now fully charged since you've driven around with it for awhile?
              happyhong says:
              aus only have 3 r
              happyhong says:
              civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
                Maybe the battery is now fully charged since you've driven around with it for awhile?
                No I drive my car daily and before exhaust it has trouble with cold starts... sorry for the confusion

Comment

me is confuzeded too????
                  ... retired/

Comment

i'd say my car is exhaling better now hahaha... well as long as using 270CCA battery doesn't kill my car then its all good

Comment

i'd say my car is exhaling better now hahaha... well as long as using 270CCA battery doesn't kill my car then its all good
                      CCA = Cold Cranking AMPS, Right?
                      I don't think CCA matters much. I use an Odyssey 12v 800CCA on my DC2R.

I was told the difference was.... If the car wouldn't start. I could to get to the Servo, on the Starter motor(mot Recommended, of course). With the OEM battery, I might make it to the end of the street.

Just one more chance to show-off my battery holder I made.
                      sigpic
                      B.L.A.T Racing.
                      Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

Oh... Just by the way. My battery isn't as good as OEM for different things.
                        If I left the interior light on, for instance. The Odessey would run down before the OEM battery. See it's horses for courses. The OEM delivers lower AMPS for longer. The Oddessey doesn't like trickle power applications, perfers Mass power draw.

Hope that make sense. CYA.
                        sigpic
                        B.L.A.T Racing.
                        Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

Working...
                        X