Screws on DC2 Front bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screws on DC2 Front bar

So I'm trying to replace one of my fenders and this requires taking off the front bar.
    Problem I'm having is the 9 black screws that run along the top of the bar are too tight, I've tried lightly hammering the screw driver while applying torque, electric drill without much luck.

Is there anyway to get these screws off without damaging them or stripping the screws?
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Alternatively does anyone know if its possible to take off the fenders without taking off the front bar?

Comment

Perhaps try spraying some WD40 first to loosen them up a little?
      Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

use a pipe wrench - but it will destroy their appearance...

you do need to remove the bar - as there are clips on the bits above the wheel...

www.hondahookup.com/manuals

get teh 98+ one...
        ... retired/

Comment

lol, i was able to unscrew it with my fingers

Comment

hey have you try to use the impact screwdrivers?

Comment

Shit i dont think i have ever encountered having a hard time with those particular bits..

but if you have a 1/4" ratchet thing with the attachments.. and attach a slightly oversized phillips head. so that it completely fills the center bit.. then applying force while ratcheting it off =P.. make sure your going the right way (anti clockwise)
              Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
              some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
              Originally posted by tinkerbell
              if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
              A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
              Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

hmm ratchet sounds like a good idea
                haven't had time in the last day or so, but gonna try WD40 when I get home.

might try vice grips, pipe wrench and the ratchet when I get some time

Comment

maybe use a screw driver with a hex just before the handle, they are designed for use with a spanner, saying that, you could also use a smoke wrench to remove them which would make for a more pain free and quicker exercise
                  Last edited by BlackDC2; 05-09-07, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dny View Post
                    So I'm trying to replace one of my fenders and this requires taking off the front bar.
                    Problem I'm having is the 9 black screws that run along the top of the bar are too tight, I've tried lightly hammering the screw driver while applying torque, electric drill without much luck.

Is there anyway to get these screws off without damaging them or stripping the screws?

Just on the matter itself..

Dny came to my place and me and Shin Assisted him in taking these 9 screws off...

well lets just say the very first casualty of these screws was my phillips head attachment to my ratchet it completely shattered!!!!..

destroyed and snapped..

i went to find myself something that wasent made by supatool and would fit my ratchet attachment..

got one of those Made in Germany Screw attachments.. did the job.. we got all of them of without damaging the screw heads itself..

BUT OMG were they on VERY tight .. i also assume someone had loctite the thread.. because as soon as we could turn it just a little bit you hear a crack and the screw can then be unwound using your fingers..

i gave Daniel the broken screw head to take photo's of the first casualty to his car

i must say i was shocked i have never encountered one of those screws before that was so hard to remove..
                    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
                    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
                    Originally posted by tinkerbell
                    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
                    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
                    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Does sound like Loctite.
                      It would have helped if you knew which type of Loctite they'd used. Loctite comes in so many different types. Some release with Shock (Give it a hit) Some release with Heat....blah blah.

Glad to hear all's well.
                      sigpic
                      B.L.A.T Racing.
                      Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

We finally managed to get em off

we went with wlee's idea and we managed to break 1 of the phillips head attachments in the process.

found a stronger one and they finally budged!

Comment

Working...
                        X